“Nothing Special”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This Outback is nothing special...the service was below average, the meal was perfect, and it was noisy...nothing special. There appeared to be a lot of service personnel yet the service was slow at best. The kitchen was slow as well.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The menu is good - lots of choices - lunch menu is good, as well. BUrgers are excellent -
petite filet mignon is just the right size for me for dinner. The servers we have had are always friendly and aiming to please - obviously trained well. My pet peeve is the icy cold salad. The lettuce is so cold it's almost frozen - seriously it hurts my teeth to eat something this cold. I understand that they make the salads ahead of time, but they need to take them out of the walk-in and let them get to room temp before they serve them.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We had not eaten at an Outback for a long time. We had dinner there last night and were pleasently surprised by the quality. Our special salads were worthy of a restaurant with much higher prices and our steaks were cooked as ordered and tasty. Our server was cute outs and efficient. Very nice job.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

You can always count on a delicious hamburger. I generally don't order steak because I love their burgers so much.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Typically, I would never eat at a place like Outback. I prefer not eating at chair restaurants but this night was an exception - mom had a gift card.
The beer selection is typical of chain restaurants - nothing special.
The food is alright - the menu has steak many different ways, if that is what you are into.
The portions are enormous, so there is plenty for the next day if you want that.
I would say for the price, there are better non-chain places around...
The service was alright and we were stopped during our meal to enter some kind of promotion - we politely declined.
I haven't been to a place like this in at least 5 years and wouldn't immediately rush back. It was just alright - typical huge American portions with calorie bomb food.