“Potato Pancakes - yum!”

Middletown Pancake House
Ranked #24 of 53 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We go here whenever we want breakfast out. The service is great - many of the servers have been working here a long time and recognize the regulars. We order the same thing every time : potato pancakes well done (5) with bacon and apple sauce - and eggs over easy with rye toast and sausage links. One server knows what we want and doesn't even give us menus - just confirms our order.

The potato pancakes aren't latkes and they aren't greasy - but they are delicious. The eggs are always perfect.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Haven't been here in a long time. Just as good as it was years ago. We had pancakes and omelettes which were really good. We will be back

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

This pancake house is your basic local place for a sit down breakfast. The place is clean and our server was friendly and attentive. There was an older gentleman sitting a few booths away playing a harmonica which was quite nice. I had an omelette with cheese and peppers which was fine and my son had eggs Benedict which was ok but the sauce was not freshly made and the eggs were a bit over cooked.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I had the gluten free pancakes again! I couldn't resist and I kept thinking they were they were regular pancakes. I actually asked as usual and I told explained that when I first tried them they were heavy not light and fluffy like the ones I was enjoying! They told me they perfected the recipe since they first had gone to gluten free. Wow what an incredible difference. I think they are the best pancakes I have had since I've been gluten free. I get other gluten free lunches there and I am always pleased with the service and food. They definitely get a thumbs up on their gluten free!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Though maybe somewhere call Pancake House would have good pancakes. Nope. They were barely cooked, not brown at all, and small. Three pancakes were 4.99 plus 3.79 for an order of bacon, which was cold. At least the coffee was hot. Service was good however.