“Great pancakes ”

Middletown Pancake House
Ranked #24 of 53 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Haven't been here in a long time. Just as good as it was years ago. We had pancakes and omelettes which were really good. We will be back

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

This pancake house is your basic local place for a sit down breakfast. The place is clean and our server was friendly and attentive. There was an older gentleman sitting a few booths away playing a harmonica which was quite nice. I had an omelette with cheese and peppers which was fine and my son had eggs Benedict which was ok but the sauce was not freshly made and the eggs were a bit over cooked.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I had the gluten free pancakes again! I couldn't resist and I kept thinking they were they were regular pancakes. I actually asked as usual and I told explained that when I first tried them they were heavy not light and fluffy like the ones I was enjoying! They told me they perfected the recipe since they first had gone to gluten free. Wow what an incredible difference. I think they are the best pancakes I have had since I've been gluten free. I get other gluten free lunches there and I am always pleased with the service and food. They definitely get a thumbs up on their gluten free!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Though maybe somewhere call Pancake House would have good pancakes. Nope. They were barely cooked, not brown at all, and small. Three pancakes were 4.99 plus 3.79 for an order of bacon, which was cold. At least the coffee was hot. Service was good however.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

i thought I'd try the Middletown Pancake House. I pass there all the time, and my granddaughter wanted pancakes, so why not?
We were greeted and seated quickly. My granddaughter was given crayons and coloring books. So far so good. The nice waiter was a bit chatty, but that was nice; I wasn't in a rush.
I was specific in ordering the kiddy pancakes PLAIN, with fresh blueberries on the side, no whipped cream. For me I ordered the Eggs Benedict with spinach, hollandaise sauce on the side.
The pancakes came with the blueberries mixed into the batter. My Benedict was over toasted English muffins with over cooked ham and frozen cooked spinach. Even the potatoes were dreadful--cold and over cooked.
When the waiter brought over the pancakes he commented that the kitchen always automatically puts the blueberries in the batter. Well, that's not what I wanted, and my granddaughter wouldn't eat it. Instead of bringing me plain pancakes as ordered he suggested I cut around the blueberries. Really? Well, I did because he was nice and I didn't want to rock the boat.
My eggs Benedict were horrible.
When I got to the register $22+, I was told that the cashier wasn't going to charge me the additional $3 for the fresh blueberries since my granddaughter obviously didn't like her food. REALLY?!
I just wanted to get the heck out of there.
Maybe it was a (very) off day, but based on my experience, I would never go back and I recommend you keep driving and find somewhere else. The diner up the road in Hazlet is good. Should have gone there. This place was just AWFUL!