“Best sushi in Middletown nj”

Sono Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Been going to Sono since it opened. 20 years ago. Sushi freshness never disappoints and prices have been stable for long term

Excellent restaurant

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Nice little place. Fresh sushi and tasty appetizers. Clean and friendly staff
Gets crowded on the weekends but never a wait

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

My first time at Sono Sushi and I was very impressed. I had the lunch sashimi platter, avocado sashimi and beef sashimi. All were perfectly prepared and presented. As someone who is avoiding carbs, I found there to be many healthy items to choose from. I highly recommend Sono Sushi.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I am a frequent patron of Sono Sushi for the past 7 years. I have been to many sushi places however, this is the best place I've eaten in Monmouth and Ocean county. The entire staff is friendly and accommodating, and the food is always fresh and delicious. They don't skimp on portions, and their service and quickness in serving you is the best. I have eaten everything from cooked teriyaki dishes, to noodles and rolls. Although their prices are a bit higher than most place sin the area, in my opinion - it is worth every penny.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

We'd been here previously and have had some really good dinners. We always sit at the bar with head chef Leon, who's really talented. On our last visit, and it was a Thursday night, they basically had a very little assortment of fish. He had to keep repeating some of the courses because of the lack of assorted fish. When he served us tuna, it was close to awful...

This place has such great potential not to be a roll only place....but somehow it seems they don't think they have this kind of clientele so they don't get awesome cuts of fish.