“Great food before event at PNC Bank Arts Center, 50+ beers on tap”
Review of Maloneys Pub

Maloneys Pub
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Matawan
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We had tickets for a show at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ. Checked tripadvisor for local eats nearby, and this pub had strong reviews and sounded like our kind of place.

This brew pub knocks it out of the park. I had the NY sirloin steak sandwich and my wife had the reuben. She said the reuben was great. Let me tell you about my sandwich. They marinate a sirloin and grill it to your preference (I opted for medium). Then they slice it up, add sauteed onions and mushrooms and put it on a fantastic roll. The steak was juicy and tender, and the seasonings were excellent. If there were nothing else to like about the place, I would be back for the sandwich.

But it doesn't end there. They have 50+ brews on tap, most of which I've never even heard of, but they are sorted neatly on their beer menu (updated weekly) by the type of brew. I like Belgian whites, so I opted for the Czig Meister Order and it was excellent. I forgot what my wife selected, but it was hoppy and fruity and excellent as well.

Service was excellent. Food came out fast. The place was not packed on a Friday at 5PM, but it was starting to fill up.

Next time we are headed that direction for any reason close to lunch or dinner, I will stop here again. Bank on it.

Sorry if I sound like an ad for the place, but it was great. Only negative I can think of is perhaps there is not a lot of on-street parking there if it gets crowded...but when we went, we got a great space right in front of the restaurant. Oh, and the brews are a little pricey (seems like $7, $8, $9, $10 per pint was the range). This is not the place to go to get blitzed on cheap beer, if that's what you're trying to do.

1  Thank J0e_0001

Reviewed 19 June 2018

went here on a whim and it turned out to be a great place the food was good and service was fast although we never felt rushed to get out. would definately recommend it .

Reviewed 5 June 2018

My family and I have been working our way down that menu and have NEVER had a bad meal. Everything has always been absolutely delicious, even their specials (non-menu items.) We refer people ever chance we get. You will not be disappointed. Between the craft beer/cider selection to the appetizers, mains and desserts....everything is 5 Star, every time.

1  Thank dchofman
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The hundreds of incredible beers they have on tap are unbeatable. There are always too many great choices to choose from! And the bartender is really knowledgeable.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

If you enjoy beer, this is the place for you. I believe there are 100+ beers on draft. Menu is well organized with appropriate descriptions to help one in the selection process. Do not be afraid to ask for a sample before ordering.

Food is typically very good with sizable portions. However, the menu is somewhat limited since after 5 visits in the last 4 months, I have it memorized.

Been to Maloneys Pub? Share your experiences!