“What a find!!”

Galata Turkish and Mediterranean Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Galata Turkish and Mediterranean Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 55 Restaurants in Marlboro
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Description: Galata Turkish & Mediterranean Cuisine serves real and authentic Turkish food. We are two partners both born and raised in Turkiye (unlike our competitors). Our chef (one of the co-owners) has more than 15 years of experience in a Turkish kitchen. Our customers who had Turkish food in Turkiye always say that the food here is as good, if not better, than in Istanbul. He is also very talented with food presentation that will satisfy your eyes too. The other owner manages the dining room and makes sure that everyone is happy. We use high quality ingredients and most of them are organic. The lamb we use is grass fed and organic. Our baklava and fish are imported from Turkiye (shipped by plane and never frozen). Come and see for yourself!
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

It’s rare to find an unassuming restaurant with terrific food, beautifully presented, and attentive, well trained wait staff. Galata clearly takes care to see that its customers have a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. And we did!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 23 June 2018

My wife and I stopped in for dinner the other night and had the most wonderful surprise. A lovely husband and wife team from Istanbul, run this terrific Meditteranean restaurant, which is really middle eastern, so don't be put off by Turkish in the title. The food could easily be on the menu in Greece, Israel, and much of the middle east. There is a very extensive menu, with delicious salads, and lots of chicken, lamb and vegetable dishes. Warm, plentiful pita bread arrives immediately, and the service is gracious and professional. We will be going back soon.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Ordered food for a corporate event, and the delivery was set for 1-1:30 pm after placing the order around noon. I received a call at 1 pm saying that they never opened their grubhub app and the order will be now an hour late. Needless to say the food arrived lukewarm, and i received an up-charge on my order as well.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Galata is a welcoming, friendly restaurant with exquisite Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine and has rapidly become one of my favorite restaurants in the area. More people should know about this gem of a restaurant. I come here with my family at least twice a month.

What can you expect? A respectable range of Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine with bold flavors yet an elegant simplicity. But what is Turkish cuisine for those who haven’t tried it?

For those unfamiliar with Turkish cuisine and who enjoy Greek cuisine, you may notice some welcome similarities. Galata has an extensive collection of Kebabs (Lamb, Shish, Adana), as well as the familiar Doner (Gyro/Shwarma) style of thin roasted meat. I particularly enjoy the Tandir, a dish of slowly roasted lamb, accompanied by rice or bulgur, a grilled tomato, and a pepper. The lamb is exceptionally tasty and the dish is savory and nourishing.

They also have chicken prepared in similar styles like shish kebab or adana.
Branching out, Galata has many of the dishes one would expect from a Mediterranean restaurant, including hummus, falafel, eggplant (like imam bayildi), and fish.

They have a great mix of appetizers and we usually order a few for the table. My particular favorite is the muska boregi, phyllo dough pockets of pastirma (a very flavorful meat) with cheese, which I consider an exquisite and immensely savory appetizer. They also have good Sigara Boregi, “cigar” shaped phyllo rolls filled with Turkish feta cheese and parsley. Their Arnavut Cigeri, fried calf’s liver, is seriously delicious.

As cold starter salads go, I enjoy how they prepare their “Shepherd salad”, a salad of diced cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, green pepper, and parsley dressed with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar.

As main courses go, I feel the tandir is top notch. Tender and flavorful, the lamb will disappear off your plate. I recommend you pause to savor it. My family tends to eat the lamb doner.

They have a good baklava and those slightly more adventurous should try the kunefe (a cooked shredded phyllo dough stuffed with a sweet cheese and sweetened with syrup) or kadayif.

In my experience, the service has always been friendly and pleasant. I have never waited an undue length of time for any dish, and they always came out well prepared and at the appropriate temperature. The menu is reasonably priced.
Other notes: Galata is BYOB. They don’t have alcohol here.

Unfortunately because the restaurant doesn’t have as much traffic as it deserves , on certain days of the week, they sometimes don’t have every item on their menu (Bulgur, sometimes Doner). I hope you give Galata a try.

The Big Picture: EAT HERE. It’s great!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We ended up in Marlboro after taking care of some business in the area.
Met up with friends and followed them to this restaurant. 4 adults and 4 kids.

I have honestly never seen worse service in my life.

As we got there around 2:30, there were plenty of seating available. Waiters simply hang out by the kitchen door the whole time.

5 minutes later they gave us menus. 15 minutes later flagging the guy down I was able to remind him to bring some water to everyone. By the time we flagged him down again we knew the menu inside out. And finally came the food. One dish for one person, 5 mins later for another, 15 mins later for 2 more. It took us about 4 or 5 times to remind them to bring meatballs from kids menu for my little one. By the time they brought it out we all finished our barely warm meals.

Food itself is absolutely tasteless. Having been in plenty of Mediterranean restaurant and actually living by the Mediterranean we have quiet a few things to compare to.
If you want to have experience for this type of food, stay away from this place.
Also, it didn't settle well with a few stomachs in our party as well.

One positive thing about this place is that they do have options for people with allergies as we had 3 people in our party. So there are few things to eat and they were careful about cross contamination.

But in general, I would stay away from this horrible place.

Date of visit: January 2018