“Better than Expected”
Review of Grandma's Meatball

Grandma's Meatball
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Manasquan
Reviewed 31 May 2018

With a name like Grandma's Meatballs, we expected a typical southern Italian restaurant with an extensive list of entrees, but were pleasantly surprised. While many of the dishes are rooted in that tradition, the menu is more limited and, as a result, better executed. The dining room is comfortable and moderately noisy. I had an excellent Rigatoni Carbonara; the Blackened Salmon also got a rave review. Good service and a BYO to boot. We will return!

2  Thank JerseyShoreJohn

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

If it was possible to rate this restaurant 10 stars, I would! Cozy, friendly with a fabulous staff... and the food is the best around!

1  Thank June B
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had never heard of this place before and upon arrival I was a bit skeptical due to the small somewhat hidden nature of the restaurant in a mini strip mall with not much parking available. I was so completely impressed and blown away by just about everything once we walked through the door. An older distinguished gentleman greeted us with a warm smile and seated us per our reservation. A waitress came over almost immediately to open wine and ask for drinks. It felt like we were at someone's house by the warm friendly service we were already getting. It's not a very larger restaurant, but then again, sometimes those are the ones with the best food because they aren't cooking as much of it all day long. Very clean, neat, and orderly in the dining room for sure. My wife and I share the meatball sampler, which was absolutely delicious. Truly recommend it for sharing or you will fill up on it. Traditional meatball, Sicilian meatball, rice ball, and eggplant meatball. OMG! I ordered the Sunday Gravy (only available on Sundays, seriously). I really think I died and went to heaven with the Sunday Gravy. I had it with rigatoni and it comes with a meatball, a sausage, and a brasciole, more than enough meat. So much flavor, so delicious! I could only eat half of my meal, which was a very generous portion in my opinion. The rest I'll eat today for lunch and I can't wait! even the cappuccino with biscoti afterwards was great. Prices were about average in my opinion, for 5 people with tax and tip, it was roughly $250. Will definitely go back. You must go here!

2  Thank Glenn F
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Went here with a few friends. Food was fantastic, fresh pasta, meatballs just like moms. The owner was super friendly as well as the waitress. Service was good as well. Will definately come back!

1  Thank Missjennyfer77
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We dined here last night and everything we had was excellent. The fried squid was crisp and light. I had a large dish of mussels , clams , shrimp and squid over fresh in house made pasta. My wife had tender veal with mutz and sage. We tried the desert sampler which was too large to finish and was outstanding for the cost of two single deserts. The owner was very cordial and our waitress, Rhoda was professional and very nice.
This place was much , much better than the usual red sauce , shore restaurants. The prices were very good when you mention 20% 0ff when ordering.

1  Thank BIGFISH790