“Good food and great deal”
Review of Manalapan Diner

Manalapan Diner
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Manalapan
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017

You get a lot of food for the money. The service has always been good, and the food is good too. We come here often.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Not the oldest dinner in Jersey, but you will not find a better one. Owned/run by the same people who give you the Millburn Diner, one of the most venerable in the state and it shows.
We were warmly greeted, and served by pleasant and knowledgeable staff.
The menu is expansive, but well organized and readable. Standard diner fare, with some surprises. Food is fresh, and nicely prepared and presented.
Servings are ample, and everything is well priced.
You will not find better corned beef anywhere!
In all, a completely satisfying diner experience.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

There is nothing significant about this diner. I hadn't been there in some time because I have never found anything special regarding the food. Well, that hasn't changed. With so many other restaurants in the area, it is easy enough to skip and go to a better place.

The service was good and the ambiance is actually nice. This time around, I had an omelet that arrived too browned (but not burnt) for my taste. The filling was scant and it cut and taste like rubber; not the worst I've ever had, but certainly far from the best. The side of pancakes that came with it were good.

If I do return here, and I might eventually, I will stick to the basics: hamburgers, salads or sandwiches.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Dinner for two on a Monday night. We were seated quickly. There was a little delay in getting the order, but the food was fine (salad with chicken, omelette). Omelette was good well. More food than we could eat.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Good diner. Large selection of food from the menus.
Friendly wait staff. Nothing great about the food, but nothing bad either.

Date of visit: June 2017