1,770 results
All reviews the jersey shore chairs and umbrellas ocean place resort beach service outdoor pool private beach off season new jersey girls weekend hotel is beautiful long weekend tiki op conference wedding boardwalk nj
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Checking is 4 pm and they didn’t have our room ready till 6. They “comped” me a late checkout of 1 pm (rather than standard 11) and then proceeded to come into my room at 11 and throw all our stuff in the garbage and checked us out while we were at the beach. When I complained they dug our stuff out of the garbage and gave it back in disgusting condition. We were not re-“comped”. I’ve actually never had such a bad experience at any other hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Maya K
OceanPlace, Front Office Manager at Ocean Place Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

We appreciate the feedback Maya K,

We deeply regret that our team didn't go above and beyond to accommodate your needs.

We hold ourselves to a higher standard so we'll address your concerns with our team moving forward.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

First time staying at Ocean Place Resort, the rooms were modern and clean, and everyone has a view of the ocean. The pool and beach chairs/umbrellas were a nice combo as you could easily go back and forth during the day. The pool side food was great and the drinks even better. The check-in process was a pain, room service slow, and price for the stay a bit expensive, but overall it is a great option for a 2-3 day mini vacation.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear MichaelnL4985BZ,

Thanks for the 4-star rating and review! We're thrilled you had such a pleasant time with us! We strive to offer top-notch service and convenience for our guests. It's fantastic you enjoyed and appreciated our prime location. That's what we like to see!

We look forward to your return visit.

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I emailed management the night we got home and still have not received a response. Below are some of the details that I shared with them.

Spent one night with my wife and kids for my sons 1st birthday. Paid close to $600 for the night (Yes, I am the stupid one for doing this to begin with). Nice looking lobby but that is where the beauty ends. Went to the indoor pool as we were told the room would be ready within 30 minutes so to avoid schlepping to the beach or outdoor pool we decided to let the kids take a quick indoor swim. Walked into the indoor pool area and immediatly left. Towels strewn EVERYWHERE. No sense of organization, chairs all over the place and in no sort of order and not to mention it was close to 100 degrees in there and VERY humid. Unbearable. Decided to give the outdoor pool a try - much of the same. Chaos, towels everywhere, patio furniture in no order and no available chairs due to customers leaving the pool and most likely just leaving there towels on chairs. They need a towel attendant to stay on top of collecting unused towels and putting patio furniture back in order. Very uninviting.

The room - I should first mentioned, it was 4:10p and as promised should have our room ready by 4p. Never received a call on my phone to confirm it being ready, I had to wait in the line again and follow-up with the front desk attendant (Jeanie?). Sure enough, it was ready but they forgot to call. We stayed in room 401 and to say I was completely embarassed to have my family spend the night in there is an understatement. Off the elevator you could feel the dinginess - carpets were littered with random garbage and room service trays a plenty. Does house cleaning tend to the hallways?

Entering the room we were greeted by several big flies buzzing around our heads. I hadn't taken two steps into the room and could already see the lack of attention - first, the protective corner of the drywall was dangling by a thread with crumbled chunks of dry wall on the floor. The jerry-rigged thermostat wiring caught my eye immediately (with EXPOSED WIRING I might add) that was hanging out of the wall vent behind the bathroom door. The feeling of sand on the tiling as I left my shoes at the door. The excessive mold on the lid of the ice bucket. The remanence of toothpaste on the bottom of a glass in the bathroom that had a "sanitary" white cover on it. More sand and grim in the bathroom, especially on the tile corner near the shower door. No body soap, shampoo or conditioner (had to ask one of the maids cleaning a room down the hall), only facial soap and body lotion. The leaking mini fridge that was full of frost and wreaked of stale-ness.

Embarassing and Unacceptle is all I can say.I am the fool for spending that much money for one night but like I said, smoke and mirrors will fool you sometimes.

DO NOT STAY HERE (unless you have endless funds and just want a place to crash on the beach.)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for an enjoyable weekend with your family without traveling all the way down the Jersey Shore, Ocean Place is the perfect place. It’s located on the ocean at exit 105 on the Garden State Parkway.
They have oceanfront and ocean view rooms. We had an oceanfront room and the view was beautiful. They have a tiki bar outside and they even have palm trees. You almost feel like you’re on a Caribbean island. Their restaurant is right in the main lobby and they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had breakfast there every morning. The buffet is reasonably priced and it’s really good.
We had a great weekend with our family and cannot wait to come back again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful location but hotel dated. Not staffed enough.... to the point where every time we passed the front desk people were complaining about many different things and they certainly were not being accommodated. 2 breakfasts were charged to our room which I found out about at checkout... when I inquired further to see the receipt I was told there are hundreds it could take hours. I told them I’d wait and within 5 minutes someone came out with a copy of the receipt. At which time I explained the situation and she took down additional information. The front desk was bothered by this request but most likely because of the other complaints they were receiving, however, When they charge top dollar one would expect top service and no fraudulent room charges.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family