“Well prepared meal”
Review of Restaurant Diomede

Restaurant Diomede
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Two couples for Saturday night dinner. We are all fish people. Food was great. Well prepared. Nicely served. Portions very generous particularly the appetizers. Better plan on sharing them at least for 2 or 3. Dining room reasonable quiet and attractive.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to Restaurant Diomede multiple times and it never disappoints. Delicious and great atmosphere!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

The place was quaint and charming (maybe 10 tables?) upon arrival but it took over an hour to be served (just my fiancé and I, no apps, easy fish dishes). The waitress kept walking by us as if we weren’t there. Once served, the fish was so over cooked and vegetables were almost raw. Then an older gentleman at another table started choking, and no one reacted. My fiancé gave him the Heimlich and dislodged what was stuck. The staff went about like nothing happened. To get the check- that took another 30 mins and when I told her about my uneaten food she said the owner will give 10% off. Not sure what 10% will do or what type of gesture that is, and why the owner didn’t come out to keep our business for the future. We certainly won’t be returning. A shame, because I was looking forward to a nice local fishery.

1  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 8 April 2018

I'v seen the place for a couple of years, but my wife's not much of a sea food lover, so I've never been. Last night, with my wife out of town, I went with my neighbors. He made the reservations; when we got the menus I noticed that his name was printed on it along with others who had reserved - not a place to hide.

It's a small place, must seat around 50. It's nicely lit, tables arranged to give everyone space, good acoustics, verging on the romantic. Pleasant dining.

Great variety on the menu with an emphasis on things from the sea - but - even two chicken dishes and pasta for my wife.Salmon offered grilled, blackened, or with one of their sauces. Mahi mahi, red snapper, a surf and turf with shrimp as this menu's surf. One of the things I liked was that you could order a fish, and they'd cook it with the sauce of your choice. They also had a variety of starters, so it would be possible to put together an eclectic mix.

It's a BYOB. We brought a thermos of Negronis, a red, and a white wine. The grilled salmon with a ginger Dijon mustard paired nicely with a pinot noit.

I'll be back with my wife,

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. It was our first time at Restaurant Diomede and definitely not our last. The food was made fresh and absolutely delicious. (We both had specials) The ambiance was very relaxing and the service was spectacular. Everyone was so personable. Looking forward to going back again!!