“Jamesburg Diner great place to go”
Review of The Diner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Diner
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Jamesburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was and the numerous choices. Prices were great and staff is very efficient and friendly.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Down home cozy family type diner. We went for breakfast. The food was excellent, plentiful and extremely reasonably priced.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My son, a young black man, had breakfast there on Monday 14th of August. He called me for a taxi home. The wait time was about 20 minutes. I told him to stay in front of the diner which he did pacing back and forth. The diner called the police. When the Uber taxi arrived the driver called and told me that there 2 police cars in front of the diner and cancelled the trip not knowing what to expect. The police called me and I had to call another Uber which was going to take 10 minutes. Both police cars waited for the second Uber to arrive. That driver called me and I advised him that his ride was with the police. He picked my son up and took him home. About a month ago the manager at the home where my son lives told me he and an associate, both black men, had the same experience. After eating at the Diner and walking back to their car, the police arrived and questioned them after being called.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Reminds me of the theme song from the sitcom. "...where everybody knows your name." Our first time here and not from the area, yet we were warmly welcomed and felt very taken care of. Big menu, lots of specials, good soups ( we had lentil and chicken pasta), decent coffee regularly refilled, and lots of customers who were clearly regulars. Decent prices, too. Just a good down home place in a very pleasant community. Oh, and the rice and chocolate puddings are good, too.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Portions have gotten smaller. Seating is not as comfortable as their previous diner. Atmosphere is not as friendly.