“Sue E.”

The Diner
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Jamesburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Portions have gotten smaller. Seating is not as comfortable as their previous diner. Atmosphere is not as friendly.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

What a great little down home place...the girls were great...and the veggie omelet was on point...small town at its best.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Excellent Food and Warm Atmosphere! Highly Recommended! Breakfast and Lunch Menus are especially exceptional and wait staff are happy helpful and entertaining! Highly Recommend that every reader try out the Jamesburg Dinner!!!!

Reviewed 19 June 2016

I have been to The Diner before and the service was o.k. and the food was very good. I bragged about the tasty food to my in-laws that live in Pennsylvania. They were anxious to get a decent tasting meal. So they traveled here on Fathers day. My wife and I made it a point to take them to The Diner. BIGE MISTAKE, after leaving my name with the lady at the register (being it was busy for fathers day) we waited outside like everyone before us to be notified of when a table for four was available. While waiting other people had come and gone at a steady pace. After waiting 20 minutes I noticed people that went inside assuming to give their name did not come out right away. Like anyone would I went inside to check on the wait status. As I was standing there the busboys/waiters were putting two tables of four together so they could seat a party of eight. Once that was done people that came into the place AFTER me were seated together at those two tables that were put together. Then immediately at that time another table for four people was open and the same lady that had written my name down earlier seated four people that had arrived AFTER me at that table. When I asked her what had happened and why she did not seat my wife and in-laws she said I THINK they were before you. I informed her they were defiantly not and she had written my name down awhile ago. She gave me a halfhearted sorry and said I would be next. At that point I left with my wife and in-laws and went to the SEVILLE DINER in East Brunswick located on Route 18. AFTER BEING TREATED THAT WAY I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE DINER AGAIN.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

I wish I could give a better review, but there seems to be always something a little lackluster. I'd like to see this restaurant pay more attention to detail, it could really be a great spot. It is about the only game in town for a sandwich or quick dinner (besides the 6000 Italian restaurants around it) so it's always busy. Maybe they feel they don't need to do better. Sigh.

Been to The Diner? Share your experiences!