“Delicious meal!”

Cornerstone Kitchen & Tap
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Jackson
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

First visit here with neighbors. The sriracha lime wings were on point as well as the crispy pork belly appetizer. The shrimp and grits entree was pure perfection. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The beer selection is pretty good. This was our second time visiting for happy hour on a Friday. I must say that the bar staff was excellent both times which is why I gave them a four. I think the food is supposed to pass for gourmet, but both times something has been lacking in flavor, however the service and friendly atmosphere makes up for it for the time being. They're still fairly new so food improvements may get them a five!

Reviewed 8 April 2017

My wife were there on a Monday evening in April. When we arrived, it was pretty empty (maybe two tables were occupied in the dining room and a few people sitting at the bar). When we were walking in I noticed a sign on the door that said that they had happy hour specials all day on Mondays. When I inquired about the specials from the host she stated that it was only in the bar area. Since my wife is pregnant I said we could just sit at a table in the dining room. When our waitress arrived though, my curiosity about the happy hour specials continued so I asked if she could bring me a menu to show me the deals. She complied, but reminded me that the specials are only valid in the bar area. We decided to move to a table in the designated bar area, as I decided I would get a drink and my wife wanted one of the appetizers on the list . This really bothered me though. The dining room and bar were both empty. So why did It have to move to another table 25 feet away to the designated bar area in order to take advantage of $2 off my cocktail and $2 off our appetizer? I get it if it is a Friday or Saturday night or if there were specials because of football or NCAA games. But on a random Monday night in the beginning of April when restaurants should just be happy to have people in their establishment? I just think that is a bad business decision.

Our waitress in the bar, who was the same waitress that we had when we were seated at the table in the dining room, was very nice. However, the service wasn't top notch. She never asked if my wife or I wanted another drink and except for immediately after our food came out, never came back and checked on us, nor was she anywhere to be found. It may not have been her fault, as she may have been the only waitress working (which would have been a fault of the restaurant).

We started with the sriracha lime wings, which were very tasty, especially with the pickled carrots and onions on top. At the regular price of $8 for 6 and $14 for 12, I found them to be a little overpriced, especially since the wings weren't particularly large. For our entrees, my wife got the ramen. The broth was excellent. However, they seemed to use thigh meat in there, which had a little bit of a weird taste. I got the short ribs, which was good (the most tender or tastiest short ribs I have ever had? no, but they were still good). They came with brussel sprouts, which really took over the plate. It was like the plate was too large and they did not want to get you more mashed potatoes or meat, so they just loaded a ton of brussel sprouts on the plate. I am not a huge brussel sprouts fan, but my wife enjoyed them. They came with mashed potatoes which were HORRIBLE. It tasted like there was no salt, pepper, butter, or cream in them. Even when I was able to finally flag someone done for salt and pepper (there was none on the table in the bar), it did nothing to the flavor. They also had a funky taste to them. It tasted almost like they threw parsnip or turnip in there, which was not working.

With the exception of the mashed potatoes, the food was good. However, the prices are too high given the area (this is Jackson, not Asbury Park, which based on the decor, menu, selection of craft beer and cocktails, it appears they are trying to be). And I strongly urge them to reconsider expanding the happy hour specials to the dining room in order to attempt to gain customers (and get customers to order things they may not ordinarily order) on the slowest dining night of the week.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We go to Cornerstone at least once a week and always experience really good, fresh food... Never had a meal we didn't love. The menu changes seasonally and that keeps it interesting. The beer menu is easily the best around and it changes frequently. Management is friendly and always around. The chef really takes pride in what comes out of the kitchen.
They've earned customers for life!

1  Thank njrush29
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Lunch was delicious! A great menu that changes seasonally, not your usual menu although it does serve burgers. Hubby had the Asian noodle bowl and raved about it. I had the Powerhouse sandwich which was grilled chicken breast, bacon, tomato aioli on ciabatta bread served with a house tossed salad of mixed greens. Food was served hot and fresh. Server was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. Highly recommend giving it a try!