“Best Chinese in Town”

Add it.
China Moon
Ranked #14 of 81 Restaurants in Howell
Reviewed 17 March 2017

This is the first place we ate when we moved to NJ. We met Linda who is "China Moon". Fabulous wonderful warm amazing woman who instantly made us feel welcome to the neighborhood. In fact when we told her we just moved in, she introduced us to the other regular customers that came in for their to-go orders, while we were waiting for our order. A school bus driver, someone from city hall, a mail carrier, hair dresser, police officer, pharmacist, 2 people from the gym, I mean WHAT a welcome. I Know right?!

Here is my review of a gem of a restaurant that I hold in high regard not just for customer service, food presentation, flavor and quality but for a love and pride in what they provide their community and I thank them for such devotion.

Our orders vary depending if we are feeding a large group, the two of us or the family (4).

Here is variety so far- Broc beef, orange chicken, beef chow fun, seafood delight, lemon chicken, general Tso's, moo shu, string beans, BBQ pork, triple crown, beef with bean curd and the usual variety of noodle dishes and rices.

Portions- we always have leftovers no matter what, and the food tastes even better the next day.

Seafood dishes- super fresh and tasty not over salty or seasoned.

Beef dishes- perfect bite size, sauces are not over powering no hard grisly or fat pieces

Chicken- tender again, very tasty, no fat pieces or unwanted fillers you get good portions

Noodles I love noodles and these are super fresh and not overly sticky enough sauce to round out the ratio of noodle to sauce and if it has meat or veggies a perfect combo.

We have really come to enjoy the crab Rangoon appetizers so those are ordered every time.

It's not even noon and my review for China Moon has worked me into a serious food craving LOL

Ordering take out is easy and it is always ready when you get there, they package your order in these no spill plastic almost tupper-ware like to-go containers which keep the food super hot and spill proof. If you order there and wait, to me it doesn't seem to take very long at all and dining in be prepared and understand you WILL be taking to-go boxes you can't possibly eat it all in one sitting, of course if you have hungry teens with hollow legs then, no you won't be taking any home and you will need to order more for yourself.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I've tried a couple other places for Chinese food and they don't compare to China Moon. Food always delicious, and such nice people!

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Fast efficient service, very nice, accommodating staff. Food very good and fairly priced, dumplings amazing!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

This is mainly a takeout for Chinese food; just a few tables if you want to eat there. I feel that if you simply order a small or large container you get more bang for your buck. I have ordered both the luncheon and dinner combinations, along with the containers, and you get far more in the containers than the combos. Food is tasty. However, I did not like the Wonton soup. The wontons were good, but the soupbase was not. Hot & Sour soup is really good.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Fast service and very friendly. Walked in, ordered and walked out 10 min later. Good food too. Would definitely return.

Been to China Moon? Share your experiences!