“Authentic Mexican”

Juanito's II
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Howell
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love Mexican Food! Juanito’s is authentic and their menu offers a unique selection compared to most Mexican restaurants. Firstly, the staff is great, it’s like they can read you mind and ask if you would like something before you even have to ask for it. The place is really cute too, easy to get to right off of rt9 south. We always order the guacamole, they make fresh right in front of you! It’s $8 which is a little high but it’s totally worth it! What’s different is they offer a lot of seafood and fish options on their menu. This time I ordered a burrito that had shrimp, lobster, scallops, zucchini, and spinach in it, with cheese and lobster cream sauce. It was soo delicious! I will be getting it again. My boyfriend had a burrito that had steak, beef, and chicken, peppers, and onions in it. I had a bite and his was tasty too! They also have a good selection of yummy sauces for your meal, ranging from mild to Hot. The burritos are huge! Both of us were only able to finish half, and bring the rest home. Also is BYOB! They give you complimentary chips and salsa as well. Our total bill was $55 with out tip.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

There's not many good let alone great Mexican restaurants in this area when compared to some of the best in NYC. This was place is good 3.5 stars. Far from great and above average. Atmosphere here is causal and suitable although a little on the warm side tonight. Fresh made at table gaucamole is very good. The food overall has some very good dishes to good. Service is pleasant but they bring out dishes sporadically not all guests at same time. This brings it down from 4 to 3.5 stars along with a very weak premade so it seems fried ice cream. That said, it beats out IMO that known freehold one and others in the area. If local it's the place to go anything of a drive is pass on it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

They have tasty food. Ambience is nice and service is fine. They are a bit overpriced for their overall appeal and do nickel & dime you. For example, we wanted some extra hot sauce and we were surprised of a charge. They have vegetarian items specially called out in the menu.

Worth a visit.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I met an old friend at the restaurant before we decided to take a walk at Manasquan Reservoir. We decided to have a few appetizers and they were excellent - quesadillas, beef tacos and seafood. The waiter made fresh guacamole at the table with fresh lemon and spices. It was great. After our 3 mile walk, we decided to go back and finish some wonderful desserts. Again, the desserts were really good. I will be going back for regular meals the next time I am in New Jersey!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We had our daughter's christening at Juanitos and it was beyond our expectations. First of all George and all of the staff were incredible. The week of the party I sent my husband over multiple times with questions and they were always so polite and eager to help. The morning of the event we showed up with many things to set up and they were helpful and accommodating.
The food was incredible. As opposed to paying per head you are allowed to choose seven entrees and your guests have a choice. We used vista print and made little menus for each place setting. The entrees were not your usual catered size but were complete over the top entrees and people said they were all delicious. I saw half a dozen people bringing home their food in a to go box which just shows how good it was. We also chose to put guacamole and nachos on each table and it was fresh and delicious. They even made the guac in front of the group still to ensure that it was fresh. Everything was wonderful and it was an experience I'd recommend to anyone!

Date of visit: August 2017