“Almost 5 stars ”

Juanito's II
Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Howell
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I'll start with the great. Chips and salsa were a good start and our entrees were delicious and I couldn't even finish mine. It's hard to find good tamales in NJ and they made a great chicken tamal and steak enchilada. My husband loved his chicken burrito and steak enchilada. The steak in the enchiladas was so good. Highly recommend it. Their rice and beans are delicious. The service was good and friendly. Now for the 4 stars . . . I just wanted big doughy hollow sopapilla squares. I'm from Texas, and that's how they're made down there. While the fried triangles with honey, chocolate, whipped cream, ice cream and cinnamon and sugar were good, there's something great about the simple fluffy pastry with some honey sans all the fancy stuff.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Typical Mexican menu of very good tasty food. Portions are large and service is good. They are very accommodating to special requests. The fajitas are especially good. Guacamole is made fresh at your table, if you ask. Free chip and dip when you sit down.
They have a children's menu for picky eaters.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The fajitas /steak and chicken are dry, and it's very expensive. The vegetable burritos are delicious and rather large, two people can share one. The chicken tortilla soup is great.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Local treat that never disappoints. Guacamole is a must & the burrito loco is my go to choice. Don't forget to BYOB.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

We have lived in Howell for years but never tried Juanitos. A few people have mentioned it so we went by. It's a nice atmosphere and a BYOB and very good authentic food. Service is basic...a long time to get it but the food was delivered as quickly as it should be and did taste good. We had chimichangas which was yummy. I prefer mine crunchy but this is softer so if you are looking for a crunchier one I'd get something else. Quesadilla and fried ice cream were also good! We will def try this out again to see more menu options.

Been to Juanito's II? Share your experiences!