“Best Ika Salad in New Jersey”

Nagoya Sushi Hibachi
Ranked #10 of 81 Restaurants in Howell
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Excellent Japanese restaurant. My wife always orders the Ika salad and sashimi. I order the soft shell crab appetizer and sashimi which are both delicious. The place has excellent ambiance, the waitresses are very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I don't eat sushi but my family members who do say that Nagoya's sushi is excellent. I had the hibachi dinner which came with soup and salad all for a reasonable price. Everything was fresh and flavorful. The service was great, everyone was quite pleasant. So happy to see this addition to the neighborhood. We will definitely be returning. Hope Nagoya has continued success.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

The food here is delicious, both sushi & cooked food. The service has always been great. They are very eager to accommodate your requests in a friendly manner. The atmosphere is very nice also.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Nagoya is a welcome new addition to the area. My wife and I arrived about a quarter to six on a Saturday evening and the place was nearly full. It appears to be catching on. Nice to see a new business succeeding.

For our appetizer we tried something called the Joy Smile, six pieces of eggplant stuffed with diced salmon and scallions and grilled. The presentation was striking (see picture) and the flavor wonderful.

For our meals my wife ordered a pair of rolls (spicy tuna and yellowtail, see picture) and I had the Sushi Regular. Her rolls came out to about $10-11 and my dish cost $18 and also came with the standard salad and miso soup (both of which were fine). My sushi was good, better than nearby Wok n' Roll in Jackson but not quite as good as Ikko in Brick. That's still pretty good, since Ikko sets a high bar. When I don't feel like the ride down to Brick, however, I would definitely return to Nagoya. It is good to have good sushi five minutes from my house.

1  Thank AlexanderD
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

If you enjoy Japanese food you must give this place a try.
The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.
The service is great with very attentive servers.
The food is delicious.
The soup was hot and flavorful, the salad was fresh and crisp.
The habachi is as good as any we ever had. Even though they do not have habachi tables, we didn't even miss the show with all its noise and fire.
The shrimp tempora was fresh, light and tasty.
Although we did not have the sushi, I noticed that others in the restaurant seemed to be enjoying it.
Prices are affordable. We will definitely be back again.

Been to Nagoya Sushi Hibachi? Share your experiences!