“Always a favorite”
Review of Sushi by Kazu

Sushi by Kazu
Ranked #13 of 81 Restaurants in Howell
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Kazu and his wife are the perfect Japanese couple. Great ambience and selections. Good sushi is euphoric! Worth the trip!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Sushi by Kazu is a small restaurant in the Chadwick Square shopping center on Route 9 in Freehold. The place is quaint but the sushi is sublime. We went with a group of 7 and all had their fill for a reasonable price. The fish is so fresh it melts in your mouth. The service is great and the presentation is a work of art. My wife had not had sushi before so this was a trial run for her. We will definitely be coming back here often. They open for dinner at 4:00 PM. every day.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Kazu not only has traditional dishes but also some Kazu creations. Food is always delicious because of its freshness, and, preparation. The tuna will melt in your mouth. The Sashimi roll and the Soy Sheet roll are favorites. The hostess, Mayimi, always treats us like family. Kazu and Mayimi make you feel at home. We have been going to Kazu for several years now. Kazu sets the bar for other restaurants we visit when traveling. Truly a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

I've tried every Japanese Sushi place in the area, and I can say this is the best. I've been to Japan 4 times, and this one is the real deal. As far as I can tell, Kazu is the only Sushi restaurant in this area run by Japanese owners. All of the others are Chinese and Korean owned. I've given some of those others very good reviews, but they are not authentic Japanese. Nothing wrong with that, but if you want to feel like you are in Japan, eat here!

This is a small restaurant. The owner is the chef and his wife will most likely be your server. It's all very friendly. If you have a large party on a busy night, be sure you have lots of time available.

Note that this restaurant has been in Freehold, not Howell, for the last two years. I tried to change it but it the change didn't "take".

Reviewed 26 April 2016

The specials here are fantastic and the service is as good as any I have experienced in my many trips to Japan .

Been to Sushi by Kazu? Share your experiences!