“Was worth having dinner later than usual”

Patricia's of Holmdel
Reserve with OpenTable
Patricia's of Holmdel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Holmdel
Price range: US$12 - US$50
Description: Family Casual Fine Italian Restaurant
Description: Family Casual Fine Italian Restaurant
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Went to Patricia's for a reservation at 9:00 pm (usually I like to eat dinner by 6-6:30) as it was only time available. The atmosphere was okay; not somewhere I'd go for a romantic dinner, but good for a get together with friends. Food was excellent and it was a BYOB which is always a plus for me. A little pricey otherwise but worth it. Service was very good. I had lobster and crabmeat ravioli with a pink sauce and asparagus. Menu also has specialty pizzas so you can go here and eat a little cheaper. Looking forward to trying Patricia's again!

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

These guys not only have the recipe for success but the recipe for good tasting Italian food. If you judge a Resturant by the crowds then this place is five stars.

The food and service is consistently good, the seafood salad, the pizza, the main courses, and the Nutella desert pizza all impressive and good tasting.

The only problem I have with this place is the seating - large parties of 8 or more are seated railroad style so talking to the group is limited, I think the largest round is a six top.

It's a BYOB and I advise you make a reservation.

Happy eating.

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Ate there for the first time in early March with 2 other couples. Food and service was great. Could not wait to go back. Went there this past Friday and food was a great disappointment. Lasagna was too much cheese and tasteless. Baked clams not good. Other 2 couples went there on Saturday night for a total disaster. Nothing was good. If there was a new chef there this pasta weekend, get rid of him/her and get the other one back. Will not be going back there anytime soon. Sorry for the loss.

4  Thank 678MarkB
Pat M, Public Relations Manager at Patricia's of Holmdel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Thank you for the feedback. I am very sorry you were disappointed with the restaurant. Please email me at info@patriciasofholmdel.com as I would like to discuss your experience further.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

My husband and I visited this weekend and were greeted by the owner who was in triage mode handling non reservation folks like myself. He was was friendly and our wait time was within the 20 minutes he suggested. The interior was classy and suprising given the Shopping Center location. The menu was just the right size offering a good variety of authentic italian fare. We tried the Meatballs and Salad Combo (I think Its called Famous something.) AMAZING - They are light and flavorful and the red sauce was refreshing. Having lived in Jersey City/NewYork City for 10 years prior we have been missing fresh authentic restaurants. This one tops our list and we will be going back, soon. FYI - Its BYOB and call ahead to make a reservation on the weekend ;)

1  Thank RachNamaste2016
Reviewed 22 March 2016

We went to the restaurant for a party and I checked the reviews ahead of time. They were mixed so I was curious. Because it was early there was not the crowds that other reviewers spoke about. It was an upscale place but the hostess was wearing ripped jeans. The tables were pretty and the food was good but its New Jersey and I could get similar quality food for much better prices. My meal was chicken francese. It was good. I came only with a potato crochet. For more than $20 a salad would have been nice. My kids had the nonna's meatballs that were raved about in reviews. They were okay, nothing more. Lasagna was fine. Clams were good. Good food but pricey. Wait staff was nice.

1  Thank mary532