“Texas Road House in Holmdel”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Holmdel
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I could not wait for Texas Roadhouse to come to New Jersey in my area. I have eaten at Texas Road House in Pennsylvania in Lancaster, and Bernville area. All I can say is that they are much better than the one here in Holmdel. My wife and I have eaten at the one in Holmdel many times and all we can say is that it is not on par with the one's in Pennsylvania. The food is not hot. The service is just okay. I do love their steaks and baked potato with butter and sour cream. I usually order a large Coor's light with my meal. The restrooms are clean and so is the restaurant. Maybe it's the music? Maybe it's us? The other concern is that its not open for lunch. You can call ahead and get seated pretty fast. The place is packed on Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We had a good experience at a Texas Roadhouse down south and hoped this new one in Jersey would be, too. They did not disappoint. The place was bustling at 4 pm on Saturday, yet service was fast and efficient. Dinner starts with warm rolls with cinnamon butter. Chewy carb heaven. We both enjoyed bone-in ribeye steaks seasoned and cooked perfectly, and we had leftovers for breakfast the next day. My skinny margherita was excellent, and my husband’s beer was ice cold. Sides were good, too. Baked potato, just right. Green beans a bit mushy, and fake bacon bits tasted, well, fake, but forgivable. Our waitress was engaging and helpful and did her job of up-selling her favorite foods and drink without being pushy. The manager stopped by the table and seemed genuinely interested in our having a positive experience—and it was!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We dined at Texas Roadhouse at my brothers request. It was his birthday. First it’s important to mention my partner and I are both vegetarians, and in fairness this is simply not the place to go if that is your preferred diet. Not only is it not vegetarian friendly, the only vegetarian option is a collection of sides. There is not one vegan option at all on the menu.

This place was extremely busy on Friday night, it’s essentially an attempt at southern cuisine and an epic fail at that.

The only thing “Texas” about this place is it’s over the top almost obnoxious attempt to glorify a cowboy America.

My brother ordered a steak it was small and tasteless.

The server was friendly but seemed overwhelmed, our order came out wrong and items we asked for never came at all. In fact I had to get up and ask for sour cream after waiting nearly 20 minutes for it.

This place appears poorly managed.

I gave an average rating because it doesn’t seem any worse than any other popular chain restaurant right now. If you want cheap pedestrian food at cheap prices and you don’t care about quality or service you will love this place.

It’s fast food quasi Texas cuisine.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

three generations of family went to this restaurant together for a bite to eat and family fun. we were seven in total, from age 18 months, seven years, their parents, 37 and 38 and their uncle, 36 and grandmom, 69 & poppop, 72, parents of the uncle and their mom. we all enjoyed the dinner the company and the loud hustle and bustle of the crowded restaurant.. It isn't a place for quiet or romance, but great for fun. The hot rolls and butter and peanuts in the shells keep the kids occupied and dinner is served quickly,
they have chicken, ribs burgers, roadkill, steaks salads and other choices to choose from, sides are vegetables or potatoes or salads. Our night was enjoyed by all and even though it was a Friday night , call ahead reservations keeps the wait to a minimum.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Recently visited on a Saturday night. Used "call ahead" and were seated promptly. Definitely call on a weekend prior to arrival! We were seated at a booth with wet seats and wet dishes. We dried both and sat down. Our waitress was super friendly and efficient. We ordered two 6oz Dallas fillets and one 8oz Dallas fillet. All were cooked as ordered and pretty good. There was a small mix up on side orders. Waitress cleared table as I was still eating my dinner and we felt rushed to leave. As a result we did not order dessert/coffee. Seemed like they wanted to turn the table over so we got the check. Not the place to go if you want a slow, leisurely dinner with the family.