“Satisfaction guaranteed”
Review of It's Greek To Me

It's Greek To Me
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Holmdel
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

I don't here maybe 3 times per year and it's always a great dining experience. But this time I had the best. We started with the cold appetizers; Pikilia, which as usual was excellent. I ordered the Octopus enter(not in the menu) and it was exceptional (better than I had it in Spain where it's very popular). The rice pudding was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. It came with the "regular" cinamon, but Clove was added and yogurt on top, which made this dish perhaps the best I've had.
Ali the gibberish I read in other reviews about authentic or not, trust a middleasterner, this restaurant is as authentic Greek as any other place and more.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

I have dined in and taken out from "It's Greek to Me" many times and have always had great experiences.

Their Greek salads are large and delicious and their hummus is the best I have had anywhere - particularly with the warm pita they serve it with.

Highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 7 March 2016

we used to go here all the time- every weekend.

on Saturday night, we called to place a take out order to pick up on sunday at 12pm. The owner hurriedly rushed us off the phone and told us to call back at 9:30pm when they closed.

We called back at 9:30pm and placed a take out order for approximately $120.
Before we hung up, the owner asked for a credit card to hold the order. We said no problem, but please dont run it through on the card. We would prefer to pay cash.

the next day, we got there early - 11:45 am to pick up the food. It was ready early.
When we went to pay, the hostess told us that the owner already ran the check through last night! It seemed that the owner had ideas that we might not pay. SO DISAPPOINTED! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND JUST SO UNPROFESSIONAL. I DONT KNOW ANY RESTAURANT WOULD CHARGE YOU BEFORE YOU EVEN SHOW UP.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 3 March 2016

I ordered pork souvlaki and mousaka (sorry about spelling, I am not Greek!) and spinach and artichoke dip for a "to go" order. I told them when I would arrive and I had to wait only a short while. The food was packed up well, delivered with a smile and was very hot and presented nicely. The mousaka was one of the best I have ever tasted with a rich sauce. (I have tasted many of this recipe.) The eggplant chunks in the sauce made it great, The pork souvlaki was very tender. I would have liked a few more spices, but that is just my taste. It was served with a lemon wedge, cut tomatoes, onions and a very good pepper. I asked for rice instead of fries and they had no problem with that change and the rice was cooked perfectly. The spinach dip had a cheese layer on top (nice touch) and was a little tart for my taste, but I did enjoy it with the nice toasted pita bread they provided. I would definitely dine in next time and am looking forward to it. Also, some say it is not "authentic Greek" but I saw Greeks cooking the food and it was very good!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Our friends suggested we visit this place as we love Mediterranean food, however, it was lack luster as we remembered when we dined here years ago.
Service was friendly but slow, hummus was served with delicious warm pita and that was extraordinary. My wife was looking forward to her Greek salad with grilled chicken but after ordering it with well-done chicken, it came pink inside. She had to bring it to the chef as our server was busy. After they brought it back, she found a long black hair in her salad... I ordered the Greek salad wrap and it was ok. A bit overpriced for average fare. I won't be back.

Date of visit: February 2016