“Best restaurant around !!!!!”
Review of Polka Dot Cafe

Polka Dot Cafe
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in High Bridge
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A true hidden gem right in the town of High Bridge! Open from 10-4 pm, Wednesday-Sunday, breakfast served all day. Service is top knotch, friendly and warm and ALL food is homemade and delicious by the owner, Christine . Once a month there is a tea where you get your own tea pot of hot or cold tea, Irish scones not dry or too sweet with cinnamon butter, cold soup, chicken salad on beer bread, salad with peaches and blackberries, cucumber sandwich on another amazing homemade bread, cake, ice cream and whip cream for dessert. There is a freezer full of delicious homemade ice cream , breads, cookies, tea and coffee bar in a relaxing eclectic atmosphere that you’ll just fall in love with. There are in side, curb side and garden seating. I highly recommend this lovely cafe!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

Stopped here after walking the Columbia Trail. SO CUTE! The owner is warm and welcoming, and it actually feels like you're dining in a friends home. The homemade bread was OUTSTANDING on the sandwiches. I ordered the brie and jam sandwich, while my aunt ordered the chicken salad sandwich. Portions are a little small but everything was so delicious and you can tell everything is made from scratch. I also loved the iced tea selections for a hot day. I chose the mint and it was super refreshing. Ice cream varieties were super cool. The vanilla and cherry cheesecake definitely have a rich taste to them. We enjoyed this experience so much and can't wait to come back soon! They also have many to go items like soups, desserts and such, as well as books, candles, and so on. A GEM!

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 26 July 2020

Very charming with tables and a garden. Please support them. I hope they will be here the next time.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed 20 July 2020

I could eat Christina's oat bread every single day and not get sick of it. And the ice cream? Oh God. More, more, more.

Date of visit: June 2020
1  Thank Adventurer570660
Trip54154194714, Owner at Polka Dot Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2020

Thank you! This summer I am making four kinds of bread, with Oat as the star, followed by Multi Grain, Carrot Ginger and Tomato Basil - so you have choices! I also currently have 15 flavors of homemade Ice Cream. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2020

I took my daughter to the polka dot Cafe and we had such a great time! We ate lunch and got tea & scones. We had so much fun playing checkers and card games at the table. It it a lovely place with wonderful food. If you are passing through High Bridge or walking the Columbia Trail, I would highly recommend you try it. We loved it.

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank sherriw900
Trip54154194714, Owner at Polka Dot Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2020

Thanks so much, Sherri. Remember we have outside tables when the weather is nice. Hope to see you again.