“very nice meal”

Ranked #142 of 176 Restaurants in Freehold
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Throckmorton St.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A difficualt location in that many restauarants, several of which were quite good, have attempted to make a go at this location and have failed. The food at Sapori was very good if a bit pricy. Service was excellent . The place was nearly empty on a Friday evening which is sad since it definitely is worth a try It's BYOB

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This is our third time we've been here. On previous 2 occasions we felt the food was decent but in general the place needed some tightening up. We wanted to try their "Sunday Sauce" which they only make on Sunday so we invited friends and went there at. 6 pm on Sunday.
To begin with we were the only customers for the entire time. There were 2 waiters. One English speaking and one, lets just say English was not his first language and he is far from fluent in English. We got him. No Sunday sauce despite the advertisement on web that morning. They have 2 different menus. One price fixed for 23.95 with appetizer, pasta and main course with sort of basic fare. Two of us ordered from that. The Mozeralla en courza was not bad although had salami in it. The stuffed artichoke (not off special menu) was moist and tasty but not anything fantastic. My linguini in clam sauce was just plain greasy. The chicken parm was dry. They gave us free meatballs to start I guess because of the Sunday sauce debacle. The gave my husband a free salad as he didn't have a course when the 2 others got their second course but I never got my salad and had to ask for it and was 1/2 the size of my husband. The English was so bad for the waiter we had to ask him repeatedly what he said and he obviously didn't get what we said. My husband got an entirely different meal than he ordered but didn't say anything as he felt sorry for the waiter. They were out of salmon so I ordered sea bass. It came with red sauce and shrimp. I asked for it plain broiled with spinach. He even asked me what veggie I wanted and then brought out exactly the way it was on the menu. I returned it. Then came the yelling from the kitchen for quite a while. They were probably flogging the waiter. My eventual meal was the best of the lot. This place is circling the drain I'm sad to say. I will not be back. There seems to be no owner presence as well. Lots of good competition in area. Not worth wasting your money even with coupon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were there Saturday for dinner. The place was pretty empty. This is not a good sign for a Saturday night. The space itself is open, but wants to be romantic. Our server told us the specials. We ordered a grouper special which is grouper with string beans served over risotto. Or main courses arrived minus the risotto. Ten minutes later they brought out raw, tasteless risotto. It was a shame, because the fish was delicious. This was our 3rd and last visit. The last time the substituted ingredients without telling us. Considering how slow things were, the service was slow and not good. This place has issues and will more than likely close.