“Lobster House, Freehold, NJ”
Review of Lobster House

Lobster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 191 Restaurants in Freehold
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Ambiance can be classified as minimalistic. Everything else was mediocre.The decor puts a damper on everything else. The food was ok but overpriced. Same for the wait staff. Not going back.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Basically overpriced; lousy ambiance; mediocre service; terrible food...save your money, go to Red Lobster or Bonefish Grill (although Bonefish is only slightly better)

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had a family dinner on the patio, soft music, good food. NJ winery cab was really good. Very good service. The calamari could have been more tender. The grouper was great.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Absolutely delicious!! My colleagues and I came here after a long day of work and the food really hit the spot. Shrimp, pasta, chicken, grilled vegetables - try it all, you won't be disappointed! :D

Reviewed 13 May 2018

This was our first experience at The Lobster House and we have lived in the area for more than the 7-8 years they've been open. It is set back in the Mounts Corner Shopping mall off Route 537 and is not visible from the road.

The atmosphere is warm and casual with the type of décor you would find in a serious Maine Lobster House. There were 2 very large live Lobster tanks near the front entry. The service was excellent and all of the wait staff were very attentive and polite. Our waitress Heather was pleasant, attentive and efficient and had a good sense of humor.
My husband and I started with stuffed clams (very tender) that was served with a light garlic broth which we thoroughly enjoyed with our fresh seeded Italian bread.
I ordered the Pear salad which was served with a delightful raspberry dressing. I ordered a 3 lb Steamed Lobster with stuffing on the side. The lobster (actually shipped from Maine!!) was cooked PERFECTLY! It was succulent and HUGE!! Worth the experience. The side of crab, scallop and shrimp stuffing was to die for. My husband ordered the calamari salad (on a bed of spring greens) which he wished he ordered for his meal; it was so good! The calamari was tender and both salads were huge. My husband had the lump crab cakes which he said were one of the best he has ever had...and he loves his crab cakes...pure lump crab meat. The restaurant was very busy on this Saturday night...what a gold mine! The prices are very reasonable and the quality of the food superb! I can't believe we have never gone here before but glad we did. The very friendly and personable owners were frequently visible and made sure their customers were happy and everything was running smoothly. Can't wait to go back!