“Great Eggplant Parm Hero and Chicken Parm Hero”

San Marzano Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
San Marzano Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 176 Restaurants in Freehold
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Home of the Antnis Italian Donut!! Brick oven bread baked fresh daily. Catering for all occasions, Family Style, Buffet and Ala Carte private parties Have your next fundraiser at San Marzano. BYOB
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Went there for lunch there last weekend. We ordered 2 hero sandwich - Eggplant and Chicken Parm. The Italian bread was toasted and great. The tomato sauce was very good! We also shared a mushroom pizza. Pizza-wise? I was ok and not bad. I had better. The atmosphere was pleasant and open. The restaurant was very clean and that helps!

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

San Marzano did nothing but impress me my first time here! Went to dinner with some friends and were greeted and seated quickly. The waitress was friendly and accommodating. The calamari concerto appetizer was FANTASTIC!! Nothing like I've ever had before. Our entrees were all delicious and every one of us left happy. I will definitely be back soon!!

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Came Tuesday night to see their live music which was excellent! The food was delicious and the service was great. The prices are moderate and the portions are huge! Nothing could have been better. We'll definitely be back soon!

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Once a month this restaurant has entertainment. Two young very talented singers musicians are excellent and a plus.
I have been to this restaurant for thin crust pizza. Excellent!

But this was my first time ordering food. The service was incredibly slow. We were a group of 14. Seems that since there was entertainment there were many large parties with birthday celebrations. We were seated at 7 but our salads came at 8:30. Main courses arrived during a 20 minute span. Three of the meals (fish) were uneatable. One meal came at 9:30. The manager removed all 4 from the bill but there was no time to offer a substation.
I ordered the chicken Parmesan with sauce on the side. It arrived lukewarm and although I kept requesting my sauce, it came 20 minutes later. By the time it came my food was cold.

The manager explained that they had a small kitchen. If so ,do not take more reservations that you can serve.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

The service wasn't as good, it is very poorly managed these days and the food was undercooked. I wouldn't be coming back again. There are plenty of other places to eat in Freehold, this shouldn't be on your list!