“Food/Service good but felt rushed!”

A Little Bit of Cuba
Reserve with OpenTable
A Little Bit of Cuba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 191 Restaurants in Freehold
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Visited here for the 2nd time with a friend to celebrate my birthday. We arrived at 8:30 on a Friday night and got seated right away. Our server was very nice and attentive. We brought a bottle of red wine so they can make sangria for us. Tbh, I think we'll opt to drink just wine plain next time. The sangria was so watered down and had no taste really. We decided to get an appetizer and an entree to share bc we weren't that hungry. We started with the shrimp and garlic appetizer. It was average. It was basically 4 shrimp on a plate swimming in a saffron garlic broth. Nothing special. We got the Ropa Vieja with a side of maduros to share and it was really delicious. Probably the best I've had although my friend and I thought it was a bit salty. Nonetheless it was delicious. For dessert, we had the tres leches cake which was really yummy. The waitress put a candle in it and sang to me. Overall food and service was good but the only thing that we were disappointed about was the speed of service. I know this is a weird thing to complain about since most people want their food to come out quickly. But if you are looking for a casual leisurely night out to have dinner and drinks with a friend, this is not the place! They literally bring out everything right after one another and they get you in and out. Some people may love that but we were going out on a Friday night to chat, wine and dine. We felt very rushed.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We really enjoy this place! Our go to is the Shrimp w/ Cherry Pepper App, Ropa Vieja Main and Empanada desert w/ Corn Iced Cream. Plus a cortadito to wrap the meal! It is so good, I almost order it everytime. And did I mention its BYO+++

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Dined at Cuba recently, have been there many times before. The food was excellent. Service was a little shaky, I believe our waiter might have been new to the job. Brought with us a bottle of red wine, asked him to make Sangria. What he brought out was basically red wine and water with very little fruit, no taste. Might this have been his first try at Sangria, it tasted like it for sure

Also we came in the back entrance, to the owners it looks terrible, overgrown weeds and smelly, not something you want to see or smell when walking into a restaurant. Always remember first impressions are lasting and don't complain "we tried". . Dress it up, plant some flowers; wash the sidewalk and put up an attractive sign. This is something simple, spend some money, it will pay dividends

Date of visit: August 2017
sandralo, Owner at A Little Bit of Cuba, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Hi Anthony thank you so much for your comment about the back entrance. Unfortunately it is not our property, the owner of that property does not allow any improvements. This pass Sunday we took it upon ourselves and clean and cut everything off. Thanks again for taking the time. Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice place. Food is just like I group up on but refined and delicious . Dishes are presented well and service is always on point!!!!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Nothing short of spectacular. This is the only place to go in Monmouth county. Jay and Sandra make certain that you feel as if you were home. The food and service are perfect. Ask for nick or Carlos. I've been all over and truly nothing else can compare.

Date of visit: June 2017