“Great restaurant”

Americana Diner
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in East Windsor
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

For me, the best restaurant in the zone, fresh ingredients, very nice weitress. Must try the apple pie. Good and fresh salads.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This is not a diner! Menu is one flemsy page don't expect breakfast anytime u want it and by the way Sunday menu is brunch only before 2pm. Waiters are condescending and dismissive - different waiters different days. The portions are very slim and who ever heard of an omelette where u have to choose between toast or fries. Call this place a modest limited restaurant but it is definitely not a diner!!!!

1  Thank Robin B
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

You never know what to expect as the menu is continuously changing but one thing for sure you always walk away satisfied. They have a lot of healthy options and if you are vegan you don't feel left out.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Moved away from West Windsor area several years ago and haven't been back until this month.
I was in the mood for a classic Triple Decker Turkey Club sandwich and my wife for a thick milkshake.
Thought no better place to go than to the Americana Diner.
We called first to check on the wait (being it was Saturday night).
To my surprise we were told there wasn't a wait.
Drove up and sure enough there were plenty of parking spots and no one waiting to get in.
Once inside we immediately noticed it didn't look or feel the same. We were seated and given a menu.
The menu was 1 page instead of the multi-page and endless menu we were accustomed to.
I looked for a Triple Decker Turkey Club but could not find it.
My wife looked for a milkshake and couldn't find it.
We asked the waitress if they offered either of them and were told no.
We immediately understood why there was no wait and plenty of parking available on a Saturday nite. Needless to say we left hungry, saddened, and disappointed.
Another cherished icon had been lost.

1  Thank H K
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Met friends for dinner and picked the Americana because it was midway between our homes. They should change their name or put up a sign that lets you know it's not your typical diner menu. I enjoyed my meal very much. The corned beef on my Reuben was lean and tasty. I loved my dessert! Blackberry and peach cobbler. So good! Our waitress was wonderful. Knowledgeable, friendly, attentive. This woman was a professional.

Unfortunately, there were a few people in my party who were not pleased with their hamburgers. They were okay but not worth the price. The small menu void of regular diner faire was a disappointment to several of us. My mistake was not going on TripAdvisor first and check out the menu beforehand.