“Fresh Goods = Lottery Winner”
Review of Judicke's Bakery

Judicke's Bakery
Get food delivered
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Bayonne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Their inventory is not fresh. I purchased a slice of red velvet cake once. NEVER AGAIN! The cake was OLD and the icing was gooey like gum paste! To this day, I don't know what actually went into my stomach.

Once when my family got together, we purchased brownies to enjoy after dinner. Not only were the brownies STALE, one of the brownies had a SHELL from a nut in it. It CUT my mothers mouth!!!!!

Normally, I buy my bread rolls from Shop Rite without any problems, but still decided to try the bakery. I purchased a roll late at night to eat for breakfast the next morning. I woke up, made egg salad, and grabbed the bag with my roll in it. The moment I touched that bag, I became disappointed. The roll was rock hard! I NEVER experienced that with rolls from Shop Rite.

I haven't tried many of their donuts. I tried a Boston Creme once and I didn't like it. There was something off about the creme, which I wasn't surprised with...since the icing on the red velvet cake was questionable too. I have heard their jelly donuts are good.

They do SOMETIMES sell fresh cannoli's. You can easily tell the difference between the fresh ones and the ones that have been out in the air for a good period of time. That said, since they have a problem with selling products that are old...I think they probably bake too many goods before they open, instead of throughout the day, and as a result - they don't sell enough in time for the products to remain fresh. They need to figure that out. They also need to THROW AWAY all of their cake recipe's, because they don't even taste like cake. Don't know what those things are. If they do throw them away and start over, hopefully someday a Phoenix cake recipe will rise from the ashes.

As far as customer service is concerned, the staff are immensely polite and SNEEKY! When they were asked for chocolate cannoli's, instead of telling the customer they ran out, they stuffed regular cannoli's in the box without the customer looking. He was very upset. That's a sales move that is TAUGHT by management. Customers don't want to be scammed into buying a good that is SIMILAR to the product you ran out of. They want THAT EXACT product!

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed 22 May 2020

Stumbled upon this while in the neighborhood from out of town. What a great find. Extremely reasonable prices for what you get. Hope to go back again one day.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Recently, I brought 2 dozen sprinkled doughnuts into my office in NYC. My colleagues devoured them!! Highly recommend.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 20 February 2020

I was given a chocolate cake from Judicke's on Friday, February 14, 2020, for my birthday. It was fantastic. I loved the cake.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank CelinaR39
Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

this place used to be the best for years. now its an average nothing special bakery. they def skimp out on prime ingredients and the donuts are smaller. what a shame.

Date of visit: July 2019