“Quality ingredients & great service”
Review of Chef's Bistro

Chef's Bistro
Ranked #13 of 100 Restaurants in North Conway
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Chef's Bistro provides casual fine dining utilizing fresh and local ingredients with full bar service. Located in the heart of North Conway Village, the Bistro offers full bar and table service. In addition our entire menu is available for takeout. We are also able to provide you with some catering items you can bring home for the whole family.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Had been wanting to dine here, but it was always busy. I took that as being a good sign that this place was good....and it is! Our server, Mary was excellent. She was friendly and helped move our lunch service along due to our time constraint. She was great and handled our request with ease and a smile.

The menu reflects all the fresh and local ingredients that are used in their dishes. I had a side salad that had some of the freshest vegetables I've ever tasted in a restaurant. The lettuce was so crisp, fresh radish (which I normally don't eat) and carrots...just a basic salad, but was very good. The Chicken Salad wrap was unique and tasty. Quality chicken with delicious, fresh grapes and light mayo made it a perfect choice for lunch. My husband's Reuben was excellent and the corned beef was lean and delicious. Overall, an excellent experience.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I picked this place based on the reviews and it was great!! Conway is a cute town and this restaurant is one of the reasons why. It's located on the main street thru town and it had some outdoor seating but rain prevented us from taking advantage of it. Luckily, we got to sit by the window and the inside had a great modern feel to the décor. They brought us a tasty (free) bite to start which was watermelon with feta cheese and balsamic vinegar and it was amazing. I plan to try to duplicate it myself!! I got the grilled chicken sandwich with pesto and avocado, yummy! My husband got the reuben with fries, which were extra, and it was also excellent. The prices were average and our server Mary T was awesome!
I would go back in an instant and I really believe this is one of the best restaurants this region has to offer.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

It was good, but not great. I wanted to really love this place. Right off the bat I had a bad first impression with the hostess. She was not very welcoming or friendly. We opted to sit at the bar, which has a good selection of spirits and the bartender was friendly.

They were out of quite a few things with a busy weekend. They only had two out of the three burgers we ordered but I easily went with my second choice the turkey avocado sandwich. (They gave me fries) I really enjoyed it, where I had a bigger issue was an easy management fix. For example; the sandwiches come with coleslaw and a pickle. They were out of coleslaw but did not offer a free substitution, there was a $2 upcharge for French fries. This didn’t reasonable to serve us a $17 lobster roll with just a pickle. Let alone a $13 burger that was mediocre at best with only a pickle. (We paid the up-charge for the fries) If a restaurant runs out of stuff great, but offer a substitution. Run to the store and grab chips, or offer the fries.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Local ingredients. Had great service with the special southwest quesadilla Received sample of pear slice with goat cheese and drizzle of honey.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Even though we have lived in the valley for years we have not been into the Chef's Bistro since they have changed hands. I am so happy that we tried the buy one get one free entrée special tonight as it has introduced my husband and I to a gem within the valley. I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and our lovely waitress, Katy E. Being a former waitress myself, I know how important it is to represent the establishment that you represent and Katy did a wonderful job. The food was excellent, seasoned and presented perfectly! The owner actually came over to introduce himself to us which was wonderful. We would highly recommend this restaurant to locals and out of stater's alike. It will not disappoint.

1  Thank Linda D