All reviewsking pinepurity springlobster bakewater skiingmeal planspecial dietary needsgreat place for the kidsindoor poola great place to bringsleigh ridearts and craftsfamily experienceski lodgebusy roadcharging stationwinter sportshiking trails
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Returned here with my 12-year-old niece and her friend for two nights. We stayed in the Inn, which was right on the parking lot but not noisy, had a view of the lake, and was a fairly spacious two rooms with bunk beds in one room for the girls and a comfortable double or queen bed (?) in the other room. As with other visits, the highlight for me was lying by the lake in the sun with periodic refreshing swims to cool off. The lake is beautiful and clean. The waterskiing (or there is a knee boarding option) was fun. This takes place at a "beach" on the other side of the lake which is accessed by a very pretty, quiet, wooded road, about 10 or less minutes by car, and also a nice option for a beautiful walk. The girls had a great time at the lake and in the pool. We took a strenuous hike led by two very nice young staff members which was not exactly pleasant (hard work) but was a great work out and offered some nice views, and we got to see a snake in the process of swallowing a frog, but I can't guarantee you that experience! The food varies from mediocre to good.

Room Tip: Lakeside Cottage and The Mill are probably the nicest.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NYCTallulah
Purity-SMH, Owner at Purity Spring Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! It was great to hear what a great time you had while re-visiting the resort, and I'm glad you had the opportunity to enjoy both the water sports as well as a little hiking while you were here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

If you want to experience the quintessential New Hampshire family experience then this is a great place to do so without breaking your budget. So many of the families we met have been coming here for generations which is a great way to describe the place. It is the kind of resort that families come to every year and become a tradition.

Pros

The staff are fantastic. Welcoming, accommodating and hard working. You will see the same staff running arts and crafts in the morning, towing water skiers in the afternoon and serving the lobster bake at night.

The rooms vary is size and accommodate most families comfortably. This is not a luxury resort. The rooms are clean and comfortable but do not come with the expectation of a high end resort. That said, unless you require luxury accommodations you will have everything you need here.

Activities are numerous and will have something for kids and grown ups of all ages.

Unlike many resorts, everything at Purity Springs is included at no extra charge (for the most part). Kayaks, canoes, and sports equipment are always available and we never found a time when everything was in use.

Cons

If you don't stay for an entire week, you will not be able to participate in every activity. The resort is geared towards stays of a week or more.

The food at the restaurant is hit or miss. Just like I said about the rooms, it is good food but not "great". Then again, you are coming to be with the family and not here for high end cuisine.

Choose your accommodations carefully. The resort covers a lot of area along the lake. If you have people with limited mobility, you may find it hard to get around the resort unless you are in one of the centrally located rooms.

Great resort overall and a great time to have a low-tech, outdoor experience to reconnect as a family.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MrNeverHome
Purity-SMH, General Manager at Purity Spring Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their time here. We do take pride in how hardworking and friendly our amazing staff is, and enjoy passing along online compliments to them!
Regarding the restaurant; we are constantly working on food quality, variety and service so we can meet the ever changing needs of returning and new guests. Currently in addition to the buffets we offer a limited menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as daily specials during the dinner meal.
Thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Purity Spring Resort again soon.
Steven Hoyt

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I came upon Purity Springs when searching online for an all inclusive resort in New Hampshire. I didn't know what to expect since the reviews were all over the place. But I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into the Hillside cottage. Wow! It was clean, modern and very spacious. It was also located in an area that afforded privacy and a great view of the lake. The scenery is postcard ready! Though a two lane road runs through the resort, it is not a major problem; signs leading to the resort warn of pedestrians crossing. The property has several different beaches and trails that we were able to visit during our stay. There are also paddle boards, canoes, kayaks and a row boat that can easily be taken out at any time. Proximity to Conway allows for outlet shopping if that's your thing and other things to do as well. Mt. Washington is about an hour away and a nice bit of diversion as well.

The only thing I found a problem was the meal situation. The food was for the most part delicious and fresh. The chef wasn't afraid to be inventive and creative which I appreciated. The Lobster Bake was out of this world! Most of the servers were very nice and capable but it seemed that others could have used more training. I, like other reviewers was not a fan of the buffet. We mostly ordered from the menu rather than the buffet because frankly, we like our food fresh from the kitchen. Now, to what I found a bit irksome. First, if you asked for something to be prepared gluten-free there was a one dollar charge added to your bill. This didn't seem right since one night I order a Caesar salad as did my husband. The two salads came out looking identical and mine had a slice of toast on it (not gf) as did his. And yet the bill showed mine as a dollar more. Now it didn't matter all that much since we had prepaid for dinner through the meal plan but the price difference meant that the gratuity was higher. Second, why should the same gratuity be given for a buffet as a served meal?

Having vented a bit about the meal situation, I would say that our stay at Purity Springs was memorable and pleasant and that we would happily return.

Room Tip: Choose the Hillside cottage for awesome accommodations and a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msmilow
Purity-SMH, General Manager at Purity Spring Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m glad to hear you were pleased with the accommodations, activities and amenities offered to resort guests.
Preparing gluten free meals, generally takes more time – and a $1 - $2 upcharge for gluten free food is becoming more standard in the food service industry. It should not have been applied in the case of your Caesar salad as you said it wasn’t actually gluten free, so I’ll definitely check into that.
Guests that reserve with the meal plan are given discounted hotel guest rates, however, when you receive your bill at the end of each meal, the bill lists the actual cost of the meal to help you determine an acceptable gratuity, so gratuities should vary based on the service you received and the type of meal you ordered. We don’t expect anyone to leave set percentages for buffet vs. plated meals, we do offer a suggested gratuity, but welcome you to determine the amount you feel is most appropriate for the service you received.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Purity Spring Resort again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

The staff, so welcoming and nice. No pretension or airs. Just good people who do their job well.

Our Room; clean and nice.
The lake and activities; just beautiful ad fun. No problem at all in this department

My only issue is the food situation. Just not into it. Not into buffets. I know there is a menu you can order from, but some nights you just cant, like during 'the grand buffet' night. And the breakfast buffet just doesnt do it for me.
I have been coming here for along time, the food goes up and down and I get it. its hard to feed a lot of people all the time, it prob gets annoying for the people who work in the kitchen. But if any specific reason makes me not come back, it would be the buffett style dining.

Other than thank, I love purity and the people who I have met and dealt with through the years.!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ethew2003
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I have been coming to Purity Springs for at least 10 years for their wonderful scrapbooking weekends (which I have turned into a scrapbooking week). I love the rooms, having stayed in 3 different buildings....each has their own style and quaintness. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are extremely clean, and the food delicious. Of course, the highlight of the trip is seeing Laurie and Deb, the coordinators of the scrapbooking retreat. I have never had a bad time, and have even had the opportunity to go hiking and kayaking. If you love scrapbooking and making new friends, you need to come join us!

Room Tip: Rooms over/next to the restaurant tend to be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends