All reviews continental breakfast room was clean would stay here again casino hotel microwave
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a road trip with a good friend. I planned to check on a house I'm building in Sparks.

The motel advertised pet friendly and we were travelling with 2 tiny dogs. So we booked it directly with the hotel.

The hotel did not warn us that their office closes early. We drove straight through from Seattle. We called around 10:30 p.m. to notify them we were running a little late. We got their voicemail but left a detailed message.

We arrived at 12:30 a.m. to find the office closed for the night. No one had answered the call earlier, or bothered to let us know they would be closed. I hopped out of the car with my chihuahua on a leash, walk 12 feet to the office door.

The office door has a sign informing patrons that they will not take any calls after 12 a.m. and that their office opens the following morning after 8. As I absorbed these words I turned back toward my car, and between the office door and my car door I witnessed a drug deal in progress.

I waited for these two sketchy looking dudes to conclude their business and move away from my car and I opened the door heart pounding and got inside. Here we were, two older females, feeling quite vulnerable and exhausted. This is a scary area! Rotten security near this motel and poor lighting.

Never have I been so thankful that I recalled staying at the Sparks Holiday Inn and it was pet friendly! We got out of that horrid sleazy Victorian Inn motel parking lot and over to the Sparks Holiday Inn with their lovely, modern rooms and pet friendly room saved the trip! Holiday Inn night staff found a lovely pet friendly room for us that saved our trip! We parked close to the building in a brightly lit parking lot. Hurray for Holiday Inn!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2018

The location is near a fire station but was quiet. It is in an older part of town. Found quaint and seem to reflex a time when this was a Victorian style neighborhood. The check in was a pleasant experience. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Shower was a little noisy. It is an older place but clean and comfortable. Not expensive and convenient.

Room tip: The room we had was comfotable. First floor center.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This motel will be my backup plan when coming to the area. I normally stay in a casino hotel but booking at the last minute they were all booked or outrageously high priced but I had a very nice room here for a great rate. found out that not all is as nice just meaning they probably haven't remodeled all the rooms yet. The only bad thing I can say is that when booking it said it had a continental breakfast but when checking in they said they no long serve it

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The gentleman at checking was very friendly and helpful. The room, despite being nonsmoking, smelled of smoke - perhaps it was in the linens or towels. On the positive side, my room was very quiet (despite being next door to a fire station) and had decent amenities, including functional wifi. On the less positive side, this is a very basic place to stay - no workout room, small room and bathroom, etc. But the price was good!

Room tip: It was quiet on the top floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I regret the one night I spent here. My room looked nothing like the management photos. The room was very dated and worn. The bed sheets were stained and the bathroom was old and stained/dirty. The only new thing was the tv.

Trip type: Travelled with family