See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Absolutely a very family like environment throughout the employees to the guests. Everyone is more then helpful and willing to assist with whatever your needs may be. The front desk clerk at graveyard goes beyond expected hospitality and really makes that hotel worth staying at. Ive stayed there 3 times in the past month and Holiday deserves this review for all her hard work genuine compassion for guests. Thanks keep it up!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2018

$55 to stay on a saturday night, you can't beat that for value. Its hard to go wrong with a Motel 6, very clean, all the utilities worked, easy check in, pretty quite considering you're very close to the freeway. I'll be back.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2018

I'm almost embarrassed to admit I stayed here.

On the day I stayed here, I had tooled around town all afternoon and into the early evening after checking out of a much better hotel that morning. By the time I had to leave, I was too tired to drive over the hill to the bay area. So while eating dinner, I browsed for a hotel room.

Of course it was Hot August Nights, the most expensive week of the year, so my normal go-tos were either booked up or crazy expensive. Also, I travel pretty heavy, so I didn't relish checking in and out of one of the big hotels with all of my stuff for just one night. Among the dumpy motels charging $125-160 that night, I saw that the Motel 6 at Wells Ave. had rooms for $69.99. So I called and the very pleasant and competent front desk clerk took my reservation.

She was very nice when I checked in. I asked for a noon checkout and she said no problem. Then I asked if they ever gave 1:00 checkouts, and she just laughed, but not rudely. She was better than I expected from M6, but sadly, the room was not.

I've stayed in some La Quintas in recent years. While they're pretty spartan, and only the king beds are OK (all other sizes are just like the M6 mattress I'll describe below), they tend to be clean and functional enough, with plugs where you need them.

It had been 15+ years since I had stayed in a M6, so I thought that they might have improved over time. Sadly, they've gone further downhill. The room was not clean, nor well appointed. There were no plugs near the bed, so it was good I had brought an extension cord for my CPAP machine. The shower is weird and would be manageable if the temperature didn't fluctuate. Worst of all was the floor.

I have yet to stay in a hotel with hard wood floors (or fake wood, as the case may be), that hasn't been terribly dirty, and this M6 is no exception. Not too many steps after I took off my shoes, I could feel the gritty dirt on the floor through my socks. I realized that the floor probably hadn't been truly cleaned in a long time. I thought about complaining to the front desk, but I was all checked in with all of my stuff, the hotel was almost sold out, and I didn't think anything else they could give me would be any cleaner. I didn't dare take off my socks until bed time, and I washed my feet just before getting into bed.

The bed was the other issue. It was all springs and no padding -- and the springs were super springy, both up and down and side to side, as if it was made from a bunch of fortified Slinky toys. It is of the same construction as the worst La Quinta beds. M6 and LQ were both owned by the Blackstone Group, but they just dumped LQ off to Wyndham, (another purveyor of less-than-clean hotel rooms -- think Days Inn, Travelodge, Super 8, etc.). The most important part of a room is the bed. The M6 bed was perhaps the worst bed I have ever had the misery of sleeping on anywhere, as not only did it start out as a terrible bed, it was pretty well worn.

In the morning, I walked around bare footed briefly before my shower. When I got in (after two minutes of adjusting the water temperature and hoping for stability that didn't happen), black soot started to rinse away from my feet. Before I put my shoes on, I had to rewash my feet with a washcloth after just a few steps around the room. Check out the pic I posted of my socks from the night before and the washcloth and towel I used to rewash and dry in the morning...

GROSS!

Despite having a noon checkout, at 11:15 the housekeeper knocked then quickly opened the door (despite the deadbolt being turned), without waiting for a response. I was undressed as I had just gotten out of the shower, but fortunately I had engaged the clasp, so the door only opened a crack. I told her I had a noon checkout, and she just walked away. She didn't apologize for opening the door on me, nor did she even close it. I called the front desk and asked them to tell housekeeping that I had a noon checkout and the morning clerk (who was also pleasant and competent) said she had already done so but would do so again. I don't expect much from housekeepers at small motels, but this was unreasonably rude. I normally leave a tip for the housekeeper, but not on this occasion.

I stayed in this very motel a few times around the turn of the century. Even though it was the old days of creaky beds and dirty carpets, I remember it being much cleaner, the beds being better and the housekeepers never barged in on me. I believe it cost $20.99 then. While I was appreciative to find a room I could get in and out of quickly and easily, for less than half of what I would have had to pay at another hotel, I still don't think the room was close to being worth $70. It's the last time I will ever risk spending the night in a M6 again. Sleep is too important and life is to short.

Room tip: For the best room, choose a different hotel!
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank joeschmeaux
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Reno-Livestock Events Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Joe, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, though it sounds like your stay might not have been as comfortable as you anticipated. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for two nights on a sightseeing trip. Rooms were large and clean, and free coffee available in the mornings. Very short walk to Denny’s. Staff were very helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank katonyhoran

Dear Katony, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for several days! Was very pleasent...They really went out of their way to make sure all my needs were met! The manager there BOBBY JANUS~couldnt have been more sweet. Treated me like I was important...and that is hard to find! I will only stay here,in my future travels to Reno! Its hard to point out one person by name,at front desk~Cause they all,are truly wonderful! Even the maintance Man JOHN,was great! Overall I would rate my visit 5 stars! So much better than any hotel/casino in Reno! Its a ten minute walk to downtown...and the Truckie River is even closer! Peaceful,and Dennys is right next door. Please check this place out~ You wont be disappointed! They go above..and beyond,to make it the best stay ever! Very happy I came here~and miss them all! Glad they left the light on for me...

Date of stay: July 2018