US$127
Palazzo.com
US$189
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Restaurant
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$189
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grand Chateau(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$149
The Cromwell(Las Vegas)
US$99
Hotels.com
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
17,684 results
All reviewsmonte carlofood courtmonaco suitewave poollazy riverpool areafree tramthe blue man groupspa suiteother hotelsnew york new yorkstrip viewm lifegreat location on the striphigh floorcasino floormc
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The new Park MGM is getting to what one would expect from a Sydell Group property. It is approaching the fun, friendly vibe that their hotels in LA and Palm Springs have achieved. Staff are friendly, I think it might be one of the friendliest places on the strip. The rooms are comfortable, I'm particularly a big fan of the full couches in the room instead of the typical skimpy chair and tiny table. The arrangement is flexible enough to seat a few people and also enough to serve as a desk or for comfortable in-room dining.The self-check in was intimidating at first, but I found it very convenient and I also couldn't understand why people were queuing up off to the side because so many of the machines were free and working perfectly and were manned by staff who were very helpful and friendly. Though limited in options - the dining currently open are solid options, and the casino floor is still small during construction, but casual and elegant. It is so almost-there that I want to rate it higher, but I just can't....because of two pet peeves that are off brand for Sydell: dismal coffee options; senseless upcharges for pool seating.

I have a couple of bones to pick which are likely from the MGM side of the house as they are staples at their other properties, but I didn't expect them from Sydell: paying extra for ho-hum poolside seating. I get needing rental fees for the full-size cabanas, but it seems cheap and tacky to ask for rental fees for the in-pool loungers and loungers with an inch of padding. It also seems not to be working that well - no one was using them.

The coffee situation is dire. Vegas or at least MGM, seems to have stripped all rooms of any in-room coffee. You have to drag your (probably hungover) self to the lobby and wait in a twenty-to-thirty minute line for Starbucks. Or, you can order coffee from roomservice that only comes in a pot of 6 cups for $14...so basically, even if you order a full breakfast, you don't get any coffee option other than the 6 cup carafe. This is a tacky, pandering way to make money at a hotel and it is dreadfully inconvenient. Any hotel that hosts conferences should have in-room coffee options - its only polite. Other boutique Sydell hotels sometimes have no in-room options, but they do have better vendors than Starbucks with local, fun, funky and quick to go options (like Pot and Commissary at the Line in LA). There is a very strong and deep mismatch here between quality, cost and convenience in that all options are high in cost, low in quality and abysmal in convenience. It's not that hard to hit at least one of those, or it shouldn't be.

These two shameless money-making schemes are what keeps this, at least for me, from being a Very Good or Excellent hotel. What makes properties like the Line or Saguaro, and other boutique lines with a recognizable brand great is the ambience and the straightforward focus on fun, food and a sort of classless focus on the quality of the overall experience. Ceaseless and inconvenient upcharges kill that vibe, unequivocally.

My suggestions: 1) great (and you may need to speak to someone about that) brewed coffee and hot water in vending on each floor, pointed out in the in-room literature; 2) first-come, first-serve in-pool chairs and instead of the reserved padded seating, think stadium club seating - yes, there is a premium price, but with that price you get access to some food and drinks that take the sting out of paying to sit in a chair that is otherwise totally empty.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank san_shan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff is friend and very helpful. Excellent, easy in and out for breakfast and the best avocado toast and dirty martini at Primrose. Great renovations and upgrades. Good value and great banquet service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff was friendly and polite, but they didn't seem to be able to do anything to resolve problems.
My room was not available when I arrived for early check-in. My reservation, the confirmation of my reservation, the pre-check-in they had me do the night before I arrived, all included early check-in. It wasn't until I actually arrived at the hotel that I was told my room was not ready. They took more of my money and said my room should be available soon. It was not.
I went for coffee and returned, still no room. Went to a conference event, and when I returned again two hours later, my room still was not ready. And again, 2 hours after that, still not ready. Another hour goes by and I finally got a room, over 5 hours after the check-in time on my reservation.
Sadly, after I finally did get a room, there was so much noise from construction being done on the floors above that it was impossible to sleep. The construction started every morning at 5:00 AM and went on until late in the afternoon. When I stay in Las Vegas, I don't expect to be woken up at 5:00 AM.
I do expect a certain minimum level of hospitality. I expect my room to be available at the time that I've specified, especially if I've paid extra for early check-in. I expect to actually be able to relax in my room and sleep peacefully, especially when I'm traveling for business.
I do not plan to return to the Park MGM, and I will think twice in the future before staying at any MGM property when traveling for business.

2  Thank jjsefton
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Park MGM Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear jjsefton,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. Our resort genuinely values the input of all our guests, as it allows us to thoroughly evaluate our resort operations. We would like to express our apologies for the extended wait time you encountered at check-in and for your disappointments with service in regard to this issue. Please know all of your observations have been well noted and will be shared accordingly with the appropriate areas. Thank you again, and we hope we have a future opportunity to welcome you back to Park MGM.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Didn’t know your hotel was under construction for me and my fiancé vacation and her first time in Vegas are we would have stayed in another hotel. We got married so it wasn’t a good stay for us. Next time we will know.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with MGM Resorts International
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Park MGM Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear kendallstott,

We are sincerely apologetic that your experience at Park MGM on your fiance's first time in Las Vegas and getting married was not enjoyed. It is disheartening to learn about the inconveniences that transpired with construction on your visit. Your complete satisfaction is important to us; we will speak with the appropriate management regarding your concerns. Please, allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our property.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Construction started at 5:45 am every day. Jack hammers and pounding were heard all day long. This will be nice once it is complete but I would not recommend this hotel during this transition period at full rates. There are better hotels at the same rate that do not have these disruption.

Dear mattcampbell2018,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review Park MGM on TripAdvisor. Please accept our apologies for the noise disturbances from construction you endured during your most recent visit with us. Rest assured we will work to better manage these concerns, and hope for the chance to rectify your impressions of our resort in the future.