“High-Level Chinese Food”
Review of Wing Lei

Wing Lei
Reserve with OpenTable
Wing Lei is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 5,275 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Boulevard So. and Sands Avenue
Transit: 24/7 Las Vegas Public Transit; the Deuce and Express Bus stops outside on Las Vegas Boulevard.
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I loved the look of Wing Lei the moment we entered. I love that it is not red! Almost every Chinese cuisine restaurant I go to is nothing but red décor. Wing Lei has a fresh, green, gold, blue, and cream look I quite enjoyed. Wing Lei is in the Wynn- a bit off the casino (which I like).

After being brought to our seat and asked our water choice, Terry brought a stool for my purse, so I didn't have to shove it under the table or try to hang it on my chair. I loved it- it was cute and fancy. Ai was a great server. She showed us how to order our drinks by tablet and went over some of the menu with us. We were indecisive on our rice choice, and she recommended the special fried rice, which may be the best fried rice I have ever had!

We ordered Sichuan prawns and Kung Pao chicken as well as garlic shrimp spring rolls. The spring rolls were good, but the entrees and rice were truly the stars of the meal. The freshness of the prawns and vegetables was noticeable and enjoyed. The meal also began with an amuse bouche of compressed gingered watermelon. It was a nice bite. The meal ended with a service of four small "petit fours." They were all wonderfully different and delicious.

Ai and Terry took great care of us for the full meal. Terry even scraped the bits of rice of the tablecloth with a little tool. The service was friendly and attentive yet not obtrusive.

My only nitpicky comment is on the music. I would have loved some Asian instrumental music (which I love) instead of poppy generic music which plays throughout the Wynn.

I would give Wing Lei another try and recommend it strongly for a nice, fancy dinner.

1  Thank BethB02

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Omg! Out of this world food! The service was OUTSTANDING! Started off with the Crab salad w mango! Wow to die for delish! Excellent Spring Rolls. Main Course of Peppered Steak. My husband had the mouth watering lobster! Everything was VERY FRESH tasting! It was the best dinner we had in Las Vegas. The ambience was terrific too! Highly recommend this restaurant! What a gem!

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

A wide selection of choices and a mixture of Canton , Shanghai and Szechwan cooking ! Located in the Wynn hotel.
Appetizers were excellent! They are known for their Peking duck.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I recently had dinner at Wing Lei while staying at the Wynn. First, the room is decorated in an opulent Asian style - lots of gold, but nicely done. The service, from the hostess to the sommelier to our server, we're kind, courteous and professional. We had the Peking Duck, which was perfectly prepared. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Love the white gloves service for the Peking duck where the servers skillfully cut and plate the wraps on to your plate. Probably the best Peking duck we've had in North America.

Love the decor of the restaurant. Overall a place we'd come back when we are in town.

Visited in June 2014, but Trip Advisor did not allow that far back.