3,957 results
All reviews princess suite full kitchen non smoking off the strip stir lounge washer dryer living room ellis island pots and pans valet staff non gambling huge bathroom free valet parking jacuzzi tub two blocks quiet hotel separate shower
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I booked this hotel because of the reviews I read on here, so I am leaving mine to save someone else the trouble of staying here. We wanted somewhere off the strip and non-smoking, which this was both of those things. That is about all it has going for it.

Two days before we got there, I called and let the know that reservation was in my name, but that my husband would be the one checking in as I had a business meeting. They assured me that he was added onto the reservation. I even called back the next day just to verify. Sure enough, he gets there and is told extremely RUDELY that he is not on the reservation. After some back and forth...oops, the person forgot to page to the next screen. I get that mistakes happen, but this particular woman was incredibly rude.

Then, our room was just gross. It needed to be deep cleaned. Angelica from housekeeping was very nice and sent someone to detail it while we were at dinner, but even then, the shower was grungy.

Overall the hotel is old and the rooms are rundown. The whole thing needs a facelift, and they should definitely hire some front desk staff that have been to hospitality school. Stay some place else.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank AngelikaS67
missy1016, Front Office Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience as a guest of our hotel during your trip to Las Vegas. Please accept our sincere apologies for the unacceptable level of service your received from our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional experiences for our guests and appreciate being advised if we fall short of our goal and your expectation. These comments have been shared with the appropriate associates to avoid a future situation. We hope to regain your confidence in us and see you again when your travels bring you back to Las Vegas.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here late July with family of 3 adults and 2 children. Apartment style suite was well laid out, very clean and had a huge bathroom and fantastic kitchen facilities. Major bonus for us having a washing machine and dryer in a cupboard. Front office staff were cordial and efficient.

The hotel is pretty well located, close to enough to the Strip to be amongst it but off it enough not to be noisy.
Rooftop pool is excellent.

I'm not a big fan of valet parking services as I think they pack the cars in too tight with big potential for minor scrapes and scratches. I suspect a little graze on our car was due to this but unless you scrutinize your car before driving off there's nothing to be done about it (it's so busy with many cars waiting to get in or out).

We had requested to use the sofa bed but there was no linen or bedding for it. It took a long time (nearly an hour) for it to be brought up and we were just tired and wanted to sleep (by this time it was 11.30) Apart from that little problem our stay at The Platinum was great.

By the way my son-in-law got a room service hambuger the next night and said it was one of the best hamburgers he'd ever had.

3  Thank tanya10
fernand0lari0s, Front Office Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank you for staying at the Platinum Hotel & Spa and for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the opportunity to serve you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Las Vegas. Please contact me directly for reservation assistance.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed this week at the Platinum. Nice place. Loved the "apartment" style living. It's very convenient. My favorite part of the stay was hanging out by the pool every morning. The bartender, Corbin, was awesome each and every day. Not only did he make our drinks, he made them well and served them with a smile. We were all on a first name basis. Even when we drank him out of cucumber vodka, Corbin found a way to keep making our favorite drink, the cucumber cooler! This guy was awesome. He would even say "Hello" to my group when he would see us in the lounge or around the hotel at times. Anyway..thanks Corbin for making our stay personal and fun! I shall miss you and your blue polo shirt and khaki shorts.

1  Thank daynafromsd

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience as a guest at the Platinum Hotel & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon to deliver an exceptional experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing value for families. A family suite has a kitchen, a washing machine and a tumble drier. The valet parking is included. The staff are really helpful and friendly. And it’s only one block from the centre of the Strip, so it’s perfectly situated. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank Farnham-Family-of-4

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I've stayed at the Platinum Hotel twice: once with my girlfriends in December, and once with my family in April. Our room was the spacious 1,150 sq ft Princess Suite, complete with two queen beds, jacuzzi, washer/dryer, balcony, kitchen, and even a Strip view. This ain't your average off-strip hotel!

The room: We absolutely loved spreading out in the suite. You really can't understate the size - 1,150 sq ft! - which spoiled me for my most recent stay in a junior suite at Bally's for a conference (it was less than half the size). There's a big, comfortable sofa in the living room, a great sound system, and a fireplace. I remember blasting Celine Dion as we got ready for her concert with everyone milling in the living space and kitchen, rather than dodging around the beds like you usually do in hotel rooms. We also bought bath bombs at Well Spa and the Flamingo and made good use of the jacuzzi. The hotel also provides free laundry detergent and dryer sheets downstairs in little baskets at the convenience store, so we did all our laundry prior to leaving, which was so nice. The kitchen was also great. We bought our own drinks and put them in the fridge, and we shared one meal of takeout family style at the kitchen counter.

The location: It's really right behind Bally's, about a 15 minute walk to the Strip, which is nothing to a New Yorker if the weather is cooperative ;) The weather was pretty mild in April so we walked from Caesar's to the hotel after Celine Dion. It was also a quick and cheap Lyft ride to all the other hotels - faster than living on the Strip, since you avoid some of the traffic.

The spa: I had a fantastic massage at Well Spa. The spa gives all guests free entry to use the lounge and steam room/showers, and there is also free trail mix, tea, and juice.

The service: Melissa, the Sales Director, and the front desk agents have always been so kind. I won a comp night from participating in a social media contest, and she not only graciously booked us into a room during one of the busiest weeks in Vegas (NAB), but she had a bottle of wine and a card waiting for me and my family when I checked in. The first time I stayed there, my friends and I also a free fruit plate through a Yelp/Swarm check-in promotion. The free wine pour at 5pm is also great and we've also had quick service at the bar when ordering drinks. The valet parking is also free and speedy with friendly service.

Other bonuses: A 24 hour gift shop, 7-11, and the Ellis Island Diner is a stone's throw away. We took a late night flight from New York and made a beeline for the steak dinner as soon as we landed. The gift shop was also handy when my dad needed to buy a cap last minute to prepare for hiking.

Overall, I am looking forward to my next stay at the Platinum and recommend it to all my friends - it is really a hidden gem! Can't wait to try the Marquise Suite one day for a special occasion :)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sharon C

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us during your visit to our hotel. We are happy you chose our hotel during your stay in Las Vegas and to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional experiences for our guests and always welcome feedback from our guests to enhance their experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.