Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
Agoda.comUS$149
ZenHotels.comUS$139
Vio.comUS$99
2,621 results
All reviews green valley west tower off the strip pizza rock pool area resort fee sandy beach shopping area las vegas beautiful resort mandalay bay sports book lounge chairs players card hotel casino slot machines coffee shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2022 via mobile

This facility should not be called a “resort”. Overpriced outdated room. Carpet was dirty, shower old and smelled like mildew. The chair had mismatched fabric on seat.
I have stayed at cleaner and nicer budget motels. The view from the room was pine trees and bushes.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank L7265OVannb
Reviewed 22 July 2022 via mobile

We had a very nice stay here at Green Valley Ranch Resort. The hotel is close to the strip and is easy to get to. The only reason it’s a 4/5 for me is the rooms and elevator. Cleanliness was good, but the rooms were dated. Walking through the hotel I expected the rooms to be be more modern. Not saying they were bad but very circa 2000 inside the rooms. The other issue was the elevator behind the coffee shop near the the lobby was one of the hottest elevators I’ve ever been in. Only had to ride it for a couple floors but that was probably my limit. Definitely need some AC in that thing.

The restaurants and bars inside were great and had good happy hours. Burachas happy hour margarita is one of the best “happy hour” margaritas I’ve ever had. Wasn’t a weak or watery Marg which is pretty much expected for most happy hours.

Where the resort was top notch for me was the spa. For the price this spa is killer. Wonderful amenities with a indoor co-Ed jacuzzi and outdoor private pool for spa goers that was quiet and secluded. The pool was frequented by the pool servers where you could order food and drinks from the pool bar. We also were able to have our meal inside the co-Ed area in the AC which I’ve never been able to do at any other spa but was happy I could here.

Overall I definitely would come back.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2022

Search reviews

sarc88
a minute ago on Google
2/5
On the surface, it is a beautiful property. However, as a luxury getaway, GVR starts losing at the front desk. I stayed there from Saturday 2 JUL to Friday the 8th 2022. I had 3 reservations, one for myself, one for my daughter, and one VIP for my wedding reception.
1) Front desk - double billing, Sir, let me get me get my manager, Sir, I don't understand how this happened. I travel for a living, and somehow, Holiday Inn gets this part right every day, every time.
2) I checked my daughter in with the physical card, and signed her in so that all she needed to do was show up with her ID to get into her room. I left for my pre-wedding haircut, knowing that my family was taken care of. NOPE - wait for GVR to *uck up a basic function. I had to repeat my check in for her. They either could not, or would not, handle this basic task. Somehow, it went flawlessly when I showed up 40min later.
3) Hospitality. I relied on Concierge services for my limo service to be at my wedding with all my family and friends who showed up. That limo did a full no show. And I do mean no show, as in total AWOL, leaving me to get local cars and Uber.
4) Un-Hospitality. I rented the VIP Tuscany Suite (7011) for my wedding reception on JUL 4th after the ceremony. We got a fire alarm at 2115, the hallway filled up with smoke, and we had to evacuate. I had to walk my 80yr old parents down the stairwell. When I called the front desk, they said we had to wait for Security to come handle it. I'm full time military, and I know that we don't wait to find fire when we're 7 stories above ground. That was the end of my wedding reception. I gave my grooms' toast at the center bar. I am disputing that charge now.
GVR is so concerned with the XYZ, that they have lost their grasp of ABC. They aren't even doing the basics right. I won't be back, and can't recommend. The worst thing, is that my platoon brother and CEO businessman put himself out to recommend you. Total letdown.
VIP treatment? They couldn't get my own suite below 78deg, blamed it on the 10 ppl in the room, and the sun.

Reviewed 8 July 2022

I wanted this to be a better rating. It was a surprise booking by my wife as we live in Henderson but it was Fathers Day 2022. By far it's one of our favorite local casinos and we have never stayed overnight or used the pool. Check in - seamless and pleasant staff- resort fees are 51.50 on this day. Since parking is usually free for all thought this was a little high even compared to the strip. - The room- standard but nice and a nice bathroom-clean. Now wife wanted us to have some pool time- we went down to the pool area and noticed a sand side and larger rectangle side....really laid out nice however, every chair was full with lots of other people looking for a place to sit including a few senior citizens. The area is large and so I spoke with the security people and somebody working who said they would advise pool manager. Lots of people wandering around and it was a hot day. Needless to say we took are towels to the grass area...and went in the pool. Granted it was a holiday/Sunday but getting a high resort fee and charging high concessions fees you'd think they would store some extra chairs and umbrellas for holidays or weekends. Pool staff seemed confused/overworked/ and really overwhelmed. The wait on concessions was long as we had to catch someone walking by to remind them we ordered. That employee really seemed like we were bothering them. Security was on checkpoint checking bags and water is not allowed. They are spot on with their rules/ checks. Would I go back? Not to stay or use the pool but we still enjoy the casino and restaurants. This review is of the Hotel/pool experience/ resort fees..... Had better staycations for the money.

Room tip: Rooms are nice and clean.
Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank Johnnywashere007
Reviewed 4 July 2022

Overall our stay was quite nice but a few "glitches" are cause for the downgrade from 5 to 4 stars. Here is what were issues that should never be faced with a GVR resort such as this & what made the stay great.

Why 4-stars: Upon check-in and using the valet -- became immediately obvious that we were being a bother to him; was very rude and took away the car w/o even explaining their valet app and process. Now later on we were met daily by a valet formerly from Maui and was exceptional and fun to chat with while we took our car in/out. Let him train the others on how to interact with the customers please -- and pay him well! He is a fantastic ambassador for the GVR. The valet app used makes getting the car easily...but the 1st experience with the hotel was not good!

Check-in was good and the staff were nice -- we paid for an early check-in (by noon) and the room was ready. For a Marriott & Hilton life-long & top tier member; having to pay for an early check in just doesn't seem to sit right. The property itself is very nice and those looking for an all-in-one location (room, pool, spa, movies, casino, dining, shopping, etc.) away from the strip the hotel does deliver this experience. Lots of money and time goes into keeping the place in great shape.

The room was very comfortable but here again some issues easily solved by management -- the freezer portion of the frig had a huge chunk of ice not allowing the door to close (strike 1); the outlets were hard to get to and I had to unplug certain items (lamps, clock, etc.) to plug in my electronics. As there were no plugs or USB outlets on the tops of the bed tables or desk (Strike 2). Finally the shower did not completely turn off and constantly dripped; and the TV remote control would not function properly (Strike 3 & 4). Too many room issues for the prices asked.

What Did work Well : Gym and spa is fantastic & gym open 24-hours; great places to eat inside the resort and the Pizza place (definitely go for Happy Hour) in the Casino had great food and a HUGE selection of beers at solid prices. We went twice -- in addition Hank's Happy Hour is always another super choice but it is getting too crowded and the bar top is having too many reserved places set limiting the ability to sit and enjoy! A shout out to the excellent staff at the Casino Starbucks who every morning did a wonderful job serving the customers...one of the best I've been to in a while.

Finally wifi fast but kept having to log in again & again -- beds were comfortable and a/c did keep rooms very cool. Location is away from the Strip but only 6-miles to downtown Henderson; 15-min to the rental car facility and about 20-min to Strip casinos. There is a $45 resort fee and if you use all the amenities (pool, gym, valet) it is worth the price asked.

Would I come back -- Yes, but sure would like the rooms upgraded to accommodate the electronics we all now bring; fix the issues with the rooms and please work on valet etiquette. GVR is a nice location to stay, play and relax. and could earn better ratings with some investments.

Room tip: Top floor facing the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled on business