TownePlace Suites Lincoln North
  • Pool
US$109
US$109
US$90
New Victorian Suites Lincoln(Lincoln)(Great Value!)
US$70
All reviewsfire pitdesk areatwo bedroom unitburner cooktopsmall kitchenavailable for purchasefront deskwell lit parking lotfull kitchenpots and pansstove topmarriott propertyvery clean hotelcouple of nightswalk in showersleeper sofaworkout room
Reviewed 17 August 2016

We needed a place to stay in Lincoln that was convenient to the University and not too pricy. This hotel delivered. While it's not next door to the UNL, it is just a few minutes away.

We stayed in a King room. It looked new and was equipped with a small kitchen, fridge, sofa, and spacious shower.

We arrived in the late afternoon and was greeted by a very friendly gal at the desk. We were checked in promptly and told about breakfast the next morning.

The room was very quiet and the hotel appeared to be full.

Breakfast the next morning was just a tad chaotic. It's a small area where the food is placed. Items included oatmeal, sausage, eggs, waffles, and various dry cereals. There was also yogurt and such in a small fridge. The usual breakfast beverages are in various machines, and coffee is out in the dining area.

As mentioned previously, the hotel was full, and the staff did have a bit of difficulty keeping everything replenished. Lots of kids were eating that morning, so that didn't help.

At the time, our cell provider was T-Mobile. My advice to you is never go to Nebraska with T-Mobile as your service provider. Fortunately, the free wifi was very good. I was able to use wifi calling over the wifi. I believe there is an option to upgrade the wifi speed, but I found it completely unnecessary.

Checkout was uneventful because I used the Marriott app. My wife did leave her earrings in the room and we called several hours later. Housekeeping had found them and there were at the desk waiting for us when we came back for them.

All-in-all, it was a very pleasant stay. I'll be back next visit to Lincoln.

Room Tip: Don't expect T-Mobile to have any service at the hotel (or in Lincoln) and hit the breakfast line early.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Dave W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lincoln North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Tuggletuggle,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay, I appreciate your feedback and agree with your observation about the busy breakfast area. We are striving to be able to keep the items stocked and fresh, but are finding there are heavy volume periods where it is challenging to keep pace with the demand.

I look forward to your next trip to Lincoln

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Nice, clean, newer hotel. Small kitchen in each room
Bathrooms/showers nice, lots of water pressure.

Nice breakfast buffet- free of charge. Breakfast sandwiches, eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, muffins. Lots of parking. Free wifi

Comfortable beds and pillows

Liked that I could check in and out on line

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Dave W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lincoln North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Terri0826,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of Marriott's mobile check in App. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

From the friendly helpful staff, clean appearance, comfortable room - suite with a nice sized frig, stove top and microwave + ceramic dishes. Bathroom high end with modern glass doors.

The breakfast area has a lot of seating, freshly made oatmeal (not the packets), waffles, etc. And good coffee! Even seating outside. Kept clean!

Has a Weber grill for grilling, and a ceramic fire pit for the evening.

Best, is right off if I80, easy access when driving across the country vs driving into Lincoln a ways where many hotels are located.

Will return!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Dave W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lincoln North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Carla V,

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

The rooms are innovative in concept ... clean and modern ... and a good price, They surpass several of the other Marriott brands such as Fairfield and the generic Marriott hotels.

We found the staff to be pretty disinterested and (in the case of breakfast) downright cranky.

Overall... a good value and nice rooms. Just don't expect a warm and outgoing staff.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Dave W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lincoln North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

TAGSfan,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay in Lincoln. I appreciate your candor regarding my staff and will follow up on your comments with them. We look forward to your next trip to Lincoln.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Stayed here in May for the weekend and really enjoyed our stay. Convenient location right off the interstate. Free Wifi, Free breakfast, Free parking. Kids enjoyed the small pool. The room was very spacious and had everything we'd need for an extended stay. We were just there a couple of nights though. The free hot breakfast was good. Eggs, bacon and sausage were great. Kids enjoyed the waffles and pastries.
Nice area in the back with a fire pit to hang out at night also. Hotel and rooms were very clean. Beds and pillows were comfortable. I would definitely stay here again should the need arise.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Dave W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lincoln North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

HuskerJoe,

Thank you for choosing the TownePlace suites for your stay in Lincoln, we appreciate your business. I am pleased your family enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to your next visit.