Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Definitely worth a visit

This is a small, lovely museum on the edge of the University of Nebraska. The permanent collection... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Nancy B
via mobile
Great building, spectacular art

We saw an exhibit loosely based on the idea of landscape. Included both internationally-know... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jane L
Seattle, Washington

All reviews sculpture garden permanent collection university of nebraska mickey mouse web page excellent collection great building worth a visit on display gift shop warhol travertine exhibits conflict
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful building.

Modest sized exhibit space. The exhibits were good.

I walked around the sculpture garden and unless I missed some, an hour is enough to see inside and the garden if you are short on time as I was.

They also have a gift shop.

I didn't see much of the campus - there might be more outdoor art to enjoy.

1  Thank hikerpatty
Reviewed 9 May 2018

The Sheldon holds and excellent collection and is very family friendly. If you check out their web page you will notice a wide range of programs and activities. This Art Museum sees a lot of local traffic especially college students. Put this on your list and you will not be unhappy with your visit.

1  Thank loesshawk2015
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Visiting Lincoln, I have to visit Sheldon. Right on the college campus with a great outdoor space.There is a nice gallery with permanent pieces-impressive and the descriptions for each piece provides addl info on artist.

1  Thank BfromMD
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I love the Sheldon! They are works of art by super famous artist as well as student work, local work and historical pieces!

The JEWEL of this is the Sculpture Garden, which is always free. The garden tours through the University of Nebraska at Lincoln's main student campus (so my favorite times to visit is when classes are out for breaks). THERE are SO MANY pieces by famous artists nestled in amongst the arboretum and gardens on campus.
A MUST SEE!

1  Thank Ashlee D
Reviewed 11 February 2018

My wife and I had some time to kill on a Saturday morning. It is true that there's not any "famous" artists like I read in other reviews. Regardless, there was some nice art to view, the building is beautiful, the travertine interior is beautiful. We were only there an hour, but it was a nice stop.

1  Thank Daniel W