“Good Breakfast”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I had the build your own Eggs Benedict, was very good. Service was frendly and the food came quickly. The atmosphere was nice and it seemed to be a local breakfast spot.

1  Thank terrahuma

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Based on previous Trip Advisor reviews, we came to the Engine House Cafe for breakfast. Mediocre food and equal service overall. Staff refused to seat a disabled woman at one of the many empty tables because her entire party was not present.

1  Thank Lance F
Reviewed 28 August 2018

First time eating here. This is truly what a cafe / home cooking is all about. Located in what I'm told is an old firehouse, it seats about 75 people. We had about a 20 minute wait, once seated, the service was prompt and professional. The food was very good. Every seat was packed with an even longer line when we left. We were there on a Sunday about 10:30 am. I would highly recommend this place and my wife and I will eat here again the next time we are in Lincoln. 5 stars!!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We were there on a Monday for a late lunch, got there about 1:30. We were the only ones in the place. Loved the exposed brick and decor. Food was very good and it came out fast.
Now for the rest of the story.....waitress was indifferent and I think we were keeping her from being on her phone. We were seated near the front and they had country music playing, but we could hear the rap/new age music the kitchen was playing. When we checked out, I told the girl that the food was very good, but the music from the kitchen was distracting. Her response was "yeah, I tell them to turn it down, but it is after 2pm". Wait...what?!
I would not recommend this place to others.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

A great breakfast at a good price, at last a place in the USA that fills the breakfast plate!

Good location, great atmosphere very pleasant staff