TripAdvisor
All reviewspool and hot tubnice hotelsecond floorcountry kitchen next doorright next doorplace to stayhot breakfastnice breakfastroom was cleanthe staff was greatpleasant stayflat screen tvan older hotelovernight stayeasy chairhuge roomking bed
Reviewed 15 March 2018

The room is great. The breakfast is the BOMB!!! I cant ever wait to come back to Chadron and stay at the Best Western due to the biscuit and gravy breakfast!!! The staff is great and always so pleasant to deal with. I travel quit often for work and stay in a lot of hotels but this Best Westerns happens to be the best place I like to stay

Room Tip: Both Sides have great views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Traci W, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear bfierros,
Thank you so much for all your kind words. My staff and I love to hear from our guests. We were so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope you come see us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I had stayed here numerous times but the last time definitely was my last time! I travel for my business and trust that my things will remain safe there while I'm out. However, I came back to find the curtains in the room tucked above the curtain rod; that was a big clue that someone had been in my room! I went to the front desk and was told that the windows were being replaced. When asked why I wasn't notified, I was told that they never know when they are coming to do that work and they've been given a pass key to all of the rooms!!! I asked for the manager to call me or, better yet, to come see me that night. No contact was made from her until the next morning. She left a VM for me to call, which I attempted twice, but her VM box was full and I couldn't leave a message! She apologized in a VM to me and said she wanted to make things right. However, she was going out of town that day and she would call me that evening. I have yet to hear from her. (2 weeks ago)
If you are a business traveler, do not leave anything in your room that needs to be kept confidential. If you are a "regular" traveler, hide everything! Do not believe that putting the "do not disturb" sign on the doorknob will keep out anyone.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Laura P
Traci W, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Laura,
I am truly sorry about what happened. You are a very valued guest. I did however try calling back. I do want to make it right. But yes we where having windows replaced at that time. They should not have been in your room without asking me first. The communication was not taken very well within my employees. I have handle the situation. I do hope you can forgive us for this incidence. I promise it will not happen again. Keys are never just given out to just anyone. This was an employee of mine not the window replacer's company employee. He is very apologetic as well.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

It has been about 10 years since we last stayed at this hotel and we had the same room again.
My biggest complaint is that there was no elevator, which was a real issue for me and anyone with mobility problems. I also think they could have done a lot better job of clearing the snow and ice in the entrance.
Overall, our room received a lot of noise from the hall. It sounded like the place was falling in when people were walking up and down the stairs and hallway. We also heard a lot of noise from the lobby. It might have been quieter in an interior room. We were in town to attend an event at the college, and a few of the other students staying here were a bit noisy.
It is never good when you check-in to a hotel and there is no directory in your room to tell you about the hotel and surrounding area. We had no information about restaurants and services in the area.
We had a suite, which was rather spacious, however, my complaints about the room are still the same 10 years later as they were back then. Apparently no changes have ever been made from customer feedback. One of the biggest issues, was that there is no nightstand or clock in the main room with 2 beds, which wasn't functional at all. There was also hardly nowhere to put your luggage. There were no dressers or luggage racks. The heating & A/C unit kept kicking in and out every few minutes and was so loud that you couldn't hear the TV when it was on.
You also had to go through the main bedroom to get to the bathroom. So this arrangement would only work for parents and children. There would be major privacy issues for friends or other groups traveling together. Room would have been a lot more functional if there were a second bathroom instead of a kitchenette, which was basically worthless, as there was no stove and only a tiny bar sink ( which had no hot water ), and there were no dishes or pots or pans, and only a tiny microwave and mini fridge, so there isn't going to be any cooking going on in there. Basically wasted space in a room that is designed for six people. Best use of the kitchenette was that it was somewhere to put your suitcases. At least the sink was outside of the bathroom, which made it a little easier to get ready, but the vanity was rather small, once again no where to put your stuff. There were also no hooks to hang anything on. How hard can it be to put up a couple of hooks, which would have made a big difference. The only mirror in the room was at the sink, which also made it difficult for everyone to get ready.
I was disgusted that the maid left our dirty washcloths, and didn't give us any clean ones!!! I am certain this is the first time this has happened to me, and I have traveled 6-8 weeks of the year for the past 25 years. Another first I am certain of, is that the maid didn't even straighten up the pillows on the bed. Isn't properly making the bed the most basic of maid service expected at a hotel?? The next day, not only didn't the maid straighten the pillows, she didn't even bother to straighten our the sheets. I am just flabbergasted!!!!! Also, we used all of the tissues and the maid didn't leave us a new box. Additionally, she took the plastic cup off the sink everyday and never left us any new ones.
It was nice that there were 2 TV's but it was very difficult to watch the one in the bedroom, as it was on the side of the room. There was NO way to comfortably watch that TV. There was an easy chair, but there was no where to put it to watch TV. The chairs on the dining table were wobbly and really need to be replaced before they collapse. It's not a good feeling to wonder if your chair is going to give way.
Do yourself a favor and just forget about eating breakfast here. The food wasn't fit to eat! As we were making our plates the attendant commented rather rudely that, "If you go away hungry it's not my fault!!" EXCUSE ME!! If the food isn't fit to eat it IS your fault. The biscuits were cold and very dry. The gravy had a decent flavor, but was cold. The potatoes were only half cooked and were also cold and hadn't been seasoned. There was something posing as a fried egg patty, but I'm still not sure what it was. It was so tough that you had to cut it with a knife. It was also cold and when I attempted to take a bite the taste was so bad I had to spit it out. Isn't serving food cold that is supposed to be hot a health code violation?? There was also no salt to be found anywhere. We ate at McDonald's for breakfast the rest of our stay and had a good meal. The food at the Country Kitchen next door also leaves a lot to be desired.
On the brighter side, everything was clean and seemed to be in good condition except for the chairs in the room. The tile and carpet appeared to be new.
If I am ever in this area again I will definitely stay somewhere else. This place needs to make some adjustments to make the suites more functional and the service staff needs to be retrained.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to offer guests a better experience in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Well maintained comfortable stay. This hotel has undergone some remodel and is Very nice! The workout room is especially high end if that is important to you. They serve a very nice breakfast and the staff goes out of their way to help in any way possible.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Traci W, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Rebecca M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave my staff and I a review. We are happy enjoyed the fitness room. We just upgraded with some new machines in the last year. Thank you for the kind words about my staff. Hope you come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

The Chadron College football staff had us stay at while we were visiting the campus on a football recruiting trip.
It was a great choice, the motel was lovely.
We could meet with other players and coaches there without interupption.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Traci W, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear George S.,
Thank so much for taking the time to leave my staff and I a review. We enjoy hearing from our guests. We were very glad you enjoyed your stay with during your visit at CSC. We hope to see you in the future during the CSC football home games.