All reviews pool and hot tub nice hotel second floor country kitchen next door right next door place to stay room was clean the staff was great pleasant stay an older hotel flat screen tv king bed great room complimentary breakfast noise bw hallway
Reviewed 9 February 2018

It has been about 10 years since we last stayed at this hotel and we had the same room again.
My biggest complaint is that there was no elevator, which was a real issue for me and anyone with mobility problems. I also think they could have done a lot better job of clearing the snow and ice in the entrance.
Overall, our room received a lot of noise from the hall. It sounded like the place was falling in when people were walking up and down the stairs and hallway. We also heard a lot of noise from the lobby. It might have been quieter in an interior room. We were in town to attend an event at the college, and a few of the other students staying here were a bit noisy.
It is never good when you check-in to a hotel and there is no directory in your room to tell you about the hotel and surrounding area. We had no information about restaurants and services in the area.
We had a suite, which was rather spacious, however, my complaints about the room are still the same 10 years later as they were back then. Apparently no changes have ever been made from customer feedback. One of the biggest issues, was that there is no nightstand or clock in the main room with 2 beds, which wasn't functional at all. There was also hardly nowhere to put your luggage. There were no dressers or luggage racks. The heating & A/C unit kept kicking in and out every few minutes and was so loud that you couldn't hear the TV when it was on.
You also had to go through the main bedroom to get to the bathroom. So this arrangement would only work for parents and children. There would be major privacy issues for friends or other groups traveling together. Room would have been a lot more functional if there were a second bathroom instead of a kitchenette, which was basically worthless, as there was no stove and only a tiny bar sink ( which had no hot water ), and there were no dishes or pots or pans, and only a tiny microwave and mini fridge, so there isn't going to be any cooking going on in there. Basically wasted space in a room that is designed for six people. Best use of the kitchenette was that it was somewhere to put your suitcases. At least the sink was outside of the bathroom, which made it a little easier to get ready, but the vanity was rather small, once again no where to put your stuff. There were also no hooks to hang anything on. How hard can it be to put up a couple of hooks, which would have made a big difference. The only mirror in the room was at the sink, which also made it difficult for everyone to get ready.
I was disgusted that the maid left our dirty washcloths, and didn't give us any clean ones!!! I am certain this is the first time this has happened to me, and I have traveled 6-8 weeks of the year for the past 25 years. Another first I am certain of, is that the maid didn't even straighten up the pillows on the bed. Isn't properly making the bed the most basic of maid service expected at a hotel?? The next day, not only didn't the maid straighten the pillows, she didn't even bother to straighten our the sheets. I am just flabbergasted!!!!! Also, we used all of the tissues and the maid didn't leave us a new box. Additionally, she took the plastic cup off the sink everyday and never left us any new ones.
It was nice that there were 2 TV's but it was very difficult to watch the one in the bedroom, as it was on the side of the room. There was NO way to comfortably watch that TV. There was an easy chair, but there was no where to put it to watch TV. The chairs on the dining table were wobbly and really need to be replaced before they collapse. It's not a good feeling to wonder if your chair is going to give way.
Do yourself a favor and just forget about eating breakfast here. The food wasn't fit to eat! As we were making our plates the attendant commented rather rudely that, "If you go away hungry it's not my fault!!" EXCUSE ME!! If the food isn't fit to eat it IS your fault. The biscuits were cold and very dry. The gravy had a decent flavor, but was cold. The potatoes were only half cooked and were also cold and hadn't been seasoned. There was something posing as a fried egg patty, but I'm still not sure what it was. It was so tough that you had to cut it with a knife. It was also cold and when I attempted to take a bite the taste was so bad I had to spit it out. Isn't serving food cold that is supposed to be hot a health code violation?? There was also no salt to be found anywhere. We ate at McDonald's for breakfast the rest of our stay and had a good meal. The food at the Country Kitchen next door also leaves a lot to be desired.
On the brighter side, everything was clean and seemed to be in good condition except for the chairs in the room. The tile and carpet appeared to be new.
If I am ever in this area again I will definitely stay somewhere else. This place needs to make some adjustments to make the suites more functional and the service staff needs to be retrained.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to offer guests a better experience in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Well maintained comfortable stay. This hotel has undergone some remodel and is Very nice! The workout room is especially high end if that is important to you. They serve a very nice breakfast and the staff goes out of their way to help in any way possible.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Traci W, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Rebecca M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave my staff and I a review. We are happy enjoyed the fitness room. We just upgraded with some new machines in the last year. Thank you for the kind words about my staff. Hope you come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

The Chadron College football staff had us stay at while we were visiting the campus on a football recruiting trip.
It was a great choice, the motel was lovely.
We could meet with other players and coaches there without interupption.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Traci W, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear George S.,
Thank so much for taking the time to leave my staff and I a review. We enjoy hearing from our guests. We were very glad you enjoyed your stay with during your visit at CSC. We hope to see you in the future during the CSC football home games.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

The pillows were small and lumpy, the mattress was so worn that I kept rolling to the middle of the bed during the night. The carpets in my room were dirty and there was crusted food stuck on the carpet by the couch. There's no elevator and while I'm not wheelchair bound, I do have trouble with stairs. The desk clerk would not attempt to find a ground floor room for me. The sausage patties served at breakfast were literally soggy and gray and I didn't risk trying them. The employee working the breakfast bar however, was cheerful and helpful and very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Traci W, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Heidig235,
I would like to apologize for your unhappy stay. We are in the process of replacing beds and pillows. Having a elevator would be nice but since we are only a second story hotel we are not required to have one. I am sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast but I have to say we do have a very great breakfast selection. I do want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. My staff and I do enjoy hearing from our guests. I do hope you choose to give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Convenient hotel near shopping and all Chadron has to offer. Wonderful helpful staff. Service was exceptional. Really enjoyed the pool and fitness areas! Restaurant next door was convenient. Will return to stay here!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Traci W, General Manager at Best Western West Hills Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear annettep388,
My staff and I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We enjoy hearing from our guests. Hope to see you again!!