Hotels.com
Agoda.com
Expedia
Snaptravel
Trip.com
All reviews bagels rooms are small budget hotel staff was friendly clean hotel the breakfast area interstate costco refrigerator rates
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2020

Since I was a kid, traveling with my parents and staying in budget hotels, I've always been of the opinion "I sleep and shower in a hotel, period." For the most part, that remains true. (I'm also not rich, so staying in a classy hotel with all amenities for $200 per night isn't really an option).

This is NOT a bad hotel, but it's also not perfect. I'm still actually here, so I hope this review doesn't bite me in the butt.

PROS:
1. Location. North reserve is a good spot; the interstate is easy to access, as well are shopping locations and restaurants. One of my favorites (The Stone of Accord) is within walking distance.
2. They require masks.
3. They do mention they sanitize all rooms; unsure how sanitized they are, since I can't observe housekeeping, but I did sneak peeks while walking the halls, and they do appear to pay decent attention.
4. In-room coffee is good. It seems more and more places are getting rid of this.
5. In room refrigerator is nice since I'm diabetic and need a place for insulin. No microwave, though.
6. Breakfast is VERY basic, but normal for a hotel of this price. Toast, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs. Stuff is individually wrapped and easy to take back to the room (to avoid people).
7. Surprise $100 charge to my debit card for room damange which is refunded after check out provided I do not trash the room or damange anything. This is not a good practice. How about you charge me AFTER I check out IF there is damage? I'm not the type to damage hotel rooms, nor do I have a huge amount of extra cash.

CONS:
1. Shower amenities are very basic and cheap. Bring your own soap and shampoo.
2. My fridge had remains of food from the previous guest that had spilled. I cleaned it up myself. Housekeeping missed that, I guess.
3. Used, dirty bandaid in the corner of the bathroom. Um... this is the type of stuff that should NOT be missed. I did mention to the front desk (in a nice way, as I'm not a difficult guest), and I did get an apology. My goal is just to ensure housekeeping knows stuff was missed. And something rather gross. (I also mentioned the refrigerator).
4. Heating/cooling system messed up. While I could cool my room, I did have the heat on low. It set off the fire alarm in the middle of the night, so I had to turn it off. No, the fire trucks did not arrive.
5. Lobby coffee ran out and the person at the desk seemed confused when I mentioned it was just lightly-colored water. I made coffee in my room.

Would I stay here again? I would, honestly. Again, it's a budget hotel, and I was not expecting much to begin with. I did my research before making reservations.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

What a nice clean, well run motel. Even though the freeway can be seen from here it was quiet. Great shower, tub a bit slippery, light has fan included which is usually very annoying to me, this wasn't as annoying as usual. Would have liked a microwave but there was one in the lobby. Price was great, location very handy. We have stayed here before and certainly will again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

This hotel is simple, but they are not trying to fool anyone about that. If you want cheap, but clean rooms, great service and a decent breakfast this is perfect! It is the best econolodge I have stayed at, especially because of the front desk guy. He was chatty like a good old friend, answering any questions and trying to be as accommodating as possible with any little issue - as someone else mentioned there is no microwave in the room, but we were free to use the one in the lobby. The coffee/tea station was beyond basic and my children loved getting a cup of hot chocolate in the evening.
The breakfast area was also clean, well stocked and spacious. There would be no issues trying to sit a distance apart from people.
The value for your $ is right where it should be, or better here.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2020

We were Looking for a clean hotel that was within our price point. We were pleasantly surprised to find this gem. This hotel had a breakfast, clean rooms with vinyl flooring and was nicely updated. I couldn't of been happier; BONUS I noticed a beautiful creek located outside my window. What a beauty and such a great surprise. We definitely had the Montana experience. Grant Creek is what I believe it was called.

Room tip: request a room from the west. Creek view
Date of stay: June 2020
EconolodgeMissoula, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2020

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to answer the online survey, it is much appreciated. We are glad you were pleased with our hotel. Many guests like Grant Creek when they can open the window and listen to it. We do have a breakfast but due to COVID-19 it is currently limited. Hopefully this will get over soon and we can get back to a better selection. Thank you for choosing our Econo Lodge and we hope you will come back again the next time you are in Missoula.

Reviewed 2 July 2020

This property puts the "econo" in EconoLodge. The rooms are small -- that's to be expected with this brand. But the owner didn't spring for microwaves in the rooms or even a second night stand on the other side of the bed. I can see going budget, but who cuts corners like that? On the plus side, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the location is pretty good.

Date of stay: July 2020

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to answer the online survey, it is much appreciated. We are sorry that the hotel rooms only have refrigerators and that they seem small. I think there is only one night stand because of the bed being next to the wall. We are glad that you found your room clean and quiet and you enjoyed our location. Keep safe and healthy.