19 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia
Snaptravel
ZenHotels.com
2,872 results
All reviews no shoes japanese restaurant villa suite water bar our honeymoon man friday sea restaurant marine biologist robinson crusoe six senses fish sun deck wine cellar barefoot luxury the resort manager dolphin cruise boat traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We did a lot of research to select a hotel for our first trip to the Maldives, finally landing at Gili as our choice. A combination of the easy access after a very long flight and the hotel qualities made us chose it - and we certainly made the absolutely right choice. We stayed 6 nights and loved it. Not only we had great weather most of the timeX but everything at the hotel was great. Our room (a residence with pool) was gorgeous, the meals were fantastic, the service impeccable… I have traveled extensively across the Americas, Europe, Asia and Middle East and this was certainly one of my best vacation hotels. Special thanks to Nicholas (general manager), Rodrigo (food and beverages manager), Alif (our Mr. Friday) and Arif (the person in charge of keeping our room in order at all times), as well as to the great restaurant staff, bartenders and aquatic sports staff. Fantastic experience and hope to be back soon.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nicolas K, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear andredias89,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Gili Lankanfushi.
Firstly, let me say how happy I am that you chose to stay our island oasis, during your maiden visit to the Maldives. Knowing that you left with a truly memorable and positive impression is delightful.
The cornerstone of the Gili experience, is the genuine, warm, and understated service style of the team. To see that you experienced this warmth and care throughout your stay is truly gratifying. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Rodrigo, Arif, and of course, your very own Mr. Friday – Alif.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, to help write the next chapter in your Gili story.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t usually write reviews, but this is not a “usual” vacation. The experience from arrival to departure is fantastic. The private overwater villas are gorgeous, and I highly recommend the villa with pool. The food, massages, scuba diving, snorkeling and fishing are all amazing, but it is the impeccable service that takes the prize. You have your own butler (Friday) who is just as attentive as you would expect, but everyone from the marine biologist on the snorkeling trip, the yoga instructor for the morning sessions down to the waiters at the bar are absolutely lovely. The quality of every single service (even the shockingly well selected wine cellar with an amazingly talented sommelier) is truly outstanding. This is not a budget vacation, but the quality and the services actually go beyond expectations for the price.

Room tip: Must scuba dive with the manta rays. Wine dinner is a can’t miss. Get the villa with the pool, absolutely worth it.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Constance,
Thank you for joining us at Gili Lankanfushi, and for writing a review on Tripadvisor.
The recently renovated villas, certainly do offer comfort and privacy, while remaining deeply rooted in nature. The eco-design which highlights open spaces, and the use of natural elements like wood, is a constant highlight of guests. I am delighted that you found the accommodations to your liking.
As you rightly mention at the very core of the Gili experience is the service provided by the team. From your Mr. Friday, to the yoga instructor, to the service staff in the restaurants, we all endeavor to provide warm, genuine, and personalized service interactions at every turn. I will certainly pass on your kind words to Fiyaz, and the rest of Team.
We hope to welcome you back in the future, for more Gili stories.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had many memorable days, the service was amazing and the robinson crusoe villa was perfect. This is exactly the place to be for swimming, relaxing, surfing, sailing, snorkeling, having fun, eating...

Date of stay: September 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Ryan Q,
Thank you for reviewing you recent visit to Gili Lankanfushi.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the iconic Crusoe villas, which are fully detached and surrounded only by pristine turquoise waters. Offering the utmost privacy and comfort, they offer spectacular views of the sunset, and a delightful spot to enjoy the day go by.
Thank you also for recognizing the service levels and quality of food on the resort, which also play a pivotal role in shaping any Gili stay.
We hope to welcome you back in the future for the next chapter in your Gili story.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at gili with a friend for 7 nights and 5 stars is not enough — I give it 10 stars!! It was amazing from the moment we were picked up at the airport through the drop off back at airport . In between it’s was pure bliss— the staff, the food (some of the best organic and refined cuisine I have ever had ), eco mindset and beauty of incorporating nature everywhere , and the whole indoor/outdoor seamless feel - the villa and the amazingly designed general bathrooms, bikes. We spent a lot of time at the spa and services and staff were equally amazing . They also ran the daily yoga which was well done ! We snorkeled with sharks and then with turtles, variety of fish was terrific . I can’t say enough nice things about gili , sunsets, sunrises… I will be back! Thanks to the staff and management that made us feel so special ! Ismael (mr Friday), Atfa, Kai, Rodrigo, Nicolas ,the exec chef that we met , and so many others. Thanks again

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Nat,
Thank you for your delightful review of Gili Lankanfushi.
At Gili Lankanfushi we keep the environment at the forefront of everything we do – from the design of the guest villas, to sourcing herbs and spices from our organic garden for our restaurants, to the very products we use throughout the resort.
I am elated that your culinary experiences were noteworthy and memorable. We seek to provide personalized and tailored food options to each guest, whether you’re looking for healthy options, comfort food, or simply something completely new.
I will be sure to pass on your complementary comments to the team, and particularly to Athfa, Kai, Rodrigo, Chef Hari, and of course your Mr. Friday, Ismael.
We hope to welcome you back in the future for more pure bliss, and more Gili stories.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Gili Lankanfushi is a simple yet very elegant resort. It is in perfect harmony with the surroundings. All the villas are built over the water and they are not your regular bungalows. They are beautiful, spacious apartments that have the most stunning views I have ever seen.

No detail has been overlooked when it comes to the interior design of the villa that I stayed in (#10). It is open, breezy, quiet, very clean. I had the best sleep of my life. I came for a short vacation for a much need it recovery time and I left completely rejuvenated: body, mind and soul. When you wake up in the morning, the first thing you see when you open your eyes is the most beautiful turquoise waters all around you.

The dinning on this island was above and beyond my expectations. One cannot use adjectives like "good" or "delicious" to describe it because it will not do any justice. The flavors, textures, overall presentation all invite you to slow down and savor every bite you take. After each dining experience, I was left with a sense of complete happiness and satisfaction. The “Over the water” sushi restaurant is an experience out of this world. You can tell that the chef, Hari, is not just talented but passionate, creative about this work with a key eye to details. This came through in every dish he prepared for me.

I've particularly enjoyed taking a stroll on the island. It is filled with lush vegetation. There's an overall sense of tranquility. It seems that you are lost in small, forgotten piece of paradise in the middle of the Indian Ocean. You might want to remain lost there for some time. It is that beautiful. And let’s not forget the spa. The entire staff, location, and services were above 5 stars. Sara was outstanding!

My highest praises to “Mr. Friday” Alif who made my entire stay at the resort carefree and so pleasant. He was extremely professional, friendly, and attentive to all my needs. Gili is extremely lucky to have recruited him! Lastly, but not the least, all my compliments to Nicolas, the resort manager!!! Gili clearly and without a question is a refined resort that takes you in with the warmest welcoming and pampers you throughout your stay with them.

Room tip: Every room is a winner due to the resort unique location! The bedroom has A/C unit.

Dear Zahara_MPD
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Gili Lankanfushi.
From the moment you are picked up at the airport by the airport Mr Friday, to the moment we say goodbye, it is our goal to provide you with genuine and personalized hospitality at every interaction. This effort is spearheaded by your personal Mr Friday, there to guide, assist, and recommend; but it is truly a team effort. We are humbled by your review, and your stellar feedback of Alif.
At our sanctuary hidden from the world, we make every effort to create a serene and peaceful experience, where guests can connect with nature, and disconnect from their busy lives. This is exemplified by the “No shoes, no news” concept which we employee; It can be seen in the rustic and earthy design of the overwater villas; and it is evident in the Organic garden in the center of the Island. I am delighted that you identified with and enjoyed this aspect of the resort.
Thank you once again for you shining review, and strong recommendation. We hope to welcome you back in the near future, for the next chapter in your Gili story.