Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Our Lady of the Rockies and the Continental Divide

We had a hard time to find the "Our Lady of the Rockies." Eventually we found it. There is a... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2019
Robby G C
Toronto, Canada
An Amazing Statue and Story

Reviewed 24 September 2019
Richard B
West Covina, California

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2019

We had a hard time to find the "Our Lady of the Rockies."

Eventually we found it.

There is a monument of Our Lady of the Rockies. It is elevated 8000 feet and at the same time it is exactly at the continental divide overlook.

This is a must see!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Robby G C
Reviewed 24 September 2019

My wife and I looked forward to taking the tour and we weren't disappointed. The video before the tour provides a lot of insight into how the statue was built and placed on the mountain. The bus trip to the statue is over one of the roughest roads in the world, but it's worth all the bouncing and rattling around. My wife uses a wheelchair and they were able to accommodate her needs. The statue is impressive from the valley and more so when you stand at its base and see it. We would definitely go back to see it again.

There are several books available in the gift shop that tell the story of how the statue came to be built and the work that went into it.

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 23 September 2019

My husband & I traveled to Butte specifically to see Our Lady of the Rockies statue. After reading on Trip Advisor that the only way up was by organized tour I made a call to book it. The staff was courteous and helped me pick the appropriate time to come. We arrived in plenty of time to browse the small gift shop and view the film on the making of the statue. I was surprised by the number of folks on tour that day. They took two 12 passenger vans up, our group size was 23. The ride up was extremely bumpy, we sat in the very back of the van... Our tour guide was extremely knowledgable about the making of the statue as well as the area, stopping several times to give us some of the history of Butte. Once atop the mountain, we were pleasantly surprised to get to meet the designer and sculptor of the statue, Leroy Lee! He was quietly working to maintain the statue. It seemed my husband & I were the only guests interested in having a chat with him. He was happy to oblige. The statue itself is amazing, especially after having seen the film prior to our tour. You can even enter into the statue! We visited the chapel and found a life-sized heart with a slot for putting in memorials or prayer intentions. An enjoyable trip worth the small fee!

Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

She's beautiful from a distance but impossible to get to. We tried several different routes. The map on Trip Advisor will take you to the school - Our Lady of the Rockies. A local woman said you had to go to the mall and a tour group takes you.

1  Thank soonerlegend
Reviewed 15 September 2019

We could see Our Lady of the Rockies from various areas around town, even from the La Quinta we were staying at. We read that the statue was taller than the Statue of Liberty and was built by a gentleman for his wife. We read that it’s construction caused controversy in the city and that some citizens felt that the statue was inflicting one man’s religion on them. A fascinating and thought provoking lesson. But, there she still stands a symbol of Butte to some. Our friend told us that the drive up to the mountain top was long and involved, so we chose to accept seeing Our Lady from a distance.