Super 8 by Wyndham Springfield/Battlefield
Walnut Street Inn(Springfield)
Hotel Vandivort(Springfield)
  • Breakfast included
Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, MO(Springfield)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived at 9pm tired from a day of driving. We just needed a place to spend the night so we could get home the next day. Upon check in, we were informed that a copy of our drivers license must be made. We were told that it was Wyndham policy, which it very well may be, but the woman that checked us in was very very rude. There are no elevators in the building, so we had to carry everything up to the second floor. Upon entering the room, we found a T-shirt in the bathroom floor and the lid to the back part of the toilet was in the shower. Also, no air was turned on and it had gotten up to 93 that day. I went downstairs and the man that I spoke with came up to address the issues. There was maintenance done that day and they didn’t clean up after themselves. The man was very nice, but it still made me uneasy. We tried to find another place to stay, but everywhere was booked up, so we went ahead and brought our stuff to the room. My sister went to the bathroom and after she flushed, the toilet wouldn’t stop running. I finally had to turn off the water because it was leaking all over the floor from the water valve. I tried to call the front desk, but the room phone didn’t work. I then called on my cell phone because I didn’t want there to be any damage. Another gentleman came up and looked at it. He said there was nothing he could do. Just keep the water turned off until we had to flush, turn it back on, flush, then turn it back off. We did that and before we left, it wouldn’t turn off all the way. We put down towels and informed them when we left. I will say, the beds were very comfortable, but it was so hard to go to sleep because it took forever for the room to cool down because the air had been off all day. I know they were probably trying to cut down on expenses, but it was miserable! The two men that we dealt with were very nice and helpful, but the woman we dealt with was rude rude rude!!! We will not be staying here again and couldn’t recommend anyone staying here either!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The temperature in Lobby and hallways is uncomfortably warm for the summer. The older lady who works the front desk is not accommodating and could care less if you stay. When we got to our room there was an old T-shirt in the bathroom floor. The toilet was broken. There was no other place to stay, otherwise we would have changed hotels. They provide the absolute minimum. There is no elevator, so you will have to carry luggage up stairs. It took 2 hrs to get the room cooled off enough to sleep. The younger guy working the front is the only good thing about this place. The older lady needs to be fired. They need to step up their game. If you have no other alternative, this will work in a crunch. Otherwise, i would try on down the road.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

My wife and I arrived at super 8 approximately at 7pm and checked in. At first glance the hotel seems to be okay. We parked and gathered our bags out of the car and entered the room I went to hang our dry cleaning clothes up and the whole hanging attachment fell out of the wall. I sat on the bed to take my shoes off and the bed gave almost to the floor. I went up front to ask for a iron and board to iron my jeans for the next day My wife started the shower and hardly any water came out She made due but before she could rinse her shampoo out her hair the water turned cold She got out and dried and told me she was going to get me some towels because she used the only 2 in the room and there was one washcloth She came back upset The man who checked us in told her that she couldnt have any towels that there is 2 people in the room and she could only have 2 She asked for a washcloth and he told her that its your husband and he can use the same one I called the front desk to ask who the owner was and he became hostile and argumentative with me and I was calm never raised my voice and told him over and over sir Im not causing any problems Im just asking who the owner is he then told me he was calling the cops on us that we was causing problems My wife tired from driving began gathering our things while I went up front to get a refund I recorded the whole conversation As I'm walking back a lady was following me my wife was standing at the door needing help to carry our items I was taking pictures of the conditions of the room, and this lady attacked me with her fist and hit me in the arm.

Room Tip: I was taking pictures of the conditions of the room, and this lady attacked me with her fist and hit me in the arm.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevesmobiletruc2017
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Pulled in late memorial day weekend night. The parking lot looked little more empty compared to the other motels on the location, but we decided to stay anyways since the manager offered us a very generous rate. My wife and I enjoyed sleeping on the queen size bed. We found the breakfast adequate to get us back on the road home to Saint Louis. Would recommend this location to friends and family when visiting the Springfield area.

Room Tip: Wifi is better towards the middle of the hotel and in the lobby breakfast/ conference area
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Jay P, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Springfield/Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

johnathanbrown88188,

Thank you for taking time and leaving this awesome review! We hope to see you again soon!

-Jay Patel GM

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Stayed on June 7th. I found the room I was given to be clean. The beds were soft but yet firm. The service was quality. Wifi was amazing fast. Tv's were nice. The decor was not to my taste but overall was happy with my stay. Front desk clerk gave me discounted rate. Would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The front desk clerks are willing to negotiate on pricing
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

rachelsmith93,

We would like to thank you for choosing our property. Reviews like this bring smiles to our team since we know we are fulfilling our duty in providing quality service. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooms. The next time you visit, we will continue to provide you with quality service. We hope that we can host your next trip to Springfield!

-Jay Patel GM