Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Reviewed 31 December 2020
7estherh
via mobile
Great fun

Awesome experience! Room and puzzles in the Clock Room were fun and Ashley was a great puzzle... read more

Reviewed 25 December 2020
Kennekat8
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Saint Louis
from US$25.00
from US$938.47
from US$30.00
More Info
All reviews bank heist clock tower game master a lot of fun team building great fun fun experience clues blast stl hints submarine challenges activity outing louis
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

Clocktower was epic!! Thanks so much for your help Ashley! We had an awesome time!! Second time here, both were amazing!

Date of experience: December 2020
jay k, General Manager at Escape The Room STL, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Thank you for the great review! We are so thrilled to hear you had an awesome time!

Reviewed 25 December 2020 via mobile

Awesome experience! Room and puzzles in the Clock Room were fun and Ashley was a great puzzle master!

Date of experience: December 2020
jay k, General Manager at Escape The Room STL, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2020

Thank you so much! We are so glad you had an awesome experience! Come again soon!

Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

We did the submarine escape room and although it was difficult it was so fun! Ashley was a great host!

Date of experience: December 2020

Thanks for the great review! So thrilled to hear you had a great time!

Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

Very interesting and a wonderful experience. We had a great time solving the clues. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: December 2020

Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 1 December 2020 via mobile

I have been to this escape room twice now and this visit cemented my dislike for this company. My first big complaint is that I emailed about what crime has been like in this area of the city. I am a St. Louis native and I noticed that violent crime has risen steadily in this area since the start of the COVID pandemic. My mom (this trip was a birthday gift for her) was really worried about it so I emailed ETR STL about it and received no response. We decided to try it anyway despite hesitations. We were not victims of crimes, but it would have been nice to know that the business cared about our safety.
Next, we were very disappointed with our room. We did the Clock Tower and we came very close to finishing the puzzles, and when our (very insincere) game host came in to show us how it was finished, she couldn’t even get a certain mechanic to work so she yelled for a coworker to fix it. Also, she assured us that there would be no puzzle that would need any more physical work than what two fingers could move - this was a lie, and she even gave us a hint saying that. There were several pieces to the puzzles that required a bit of strength. Additionally, I like a good red herring (or two). But after we debriefed our experiences, we realized that there were probably five red herrings or so. One member of our group also thought that there were a few misplaced pieces, as a few puzzle pieces were in very unusual locations rendering parts of the puzzle useless to solve.
I didn’t like my last experience at ETR either, so this is definitely the last time I’ll give this place a thought. I wish they were more careful and thoughtful in everything they did.

Date of experience: December 2020
jay k, General Manager at Escape The Room STL, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Grace, I am very sorry to hear this. I never received your email, I suppose it got lost in the system and I apologize as we do value your safety. Though the clocktower is one of our more difficult rooms, every puzzle is carefully thought out and in the place it was designed to be. Very few of our puzzles do need to be triggered manually, and the puzzle you are describing is one of them. Once again, I sincerely apologize for poor experience with us. If you would like to discuss further please give me a call at 314-828-5178 ext. 1.