Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
All reviews kansas city staff was very friendly and helpful per night would stay again tanners clerk kci rates
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2021

Avoid this hotel if you want a comfortable stay. Stained sheets, slow internet, and indifferent staff. The only positive for me was the close proximity to MCI. I later discovered other options near by and will choose one of them next time.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 15 July 2021

Bed was comfortable. Tv worked. So did the internet. Enough said. Tub drain was rusted and byleaked on the floor. Disappointed. Hey how about charging $10 less so I could go get a real breakfast nearby?

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 18 June 2021

I booked a 3-night stay at Super 8 by Wyndham Platte City/KCI Airport North in mid-June 2021.
Reservation was made for a 2-bed room to accommodate 2 adults and 1 child (a fully grown teenager).

When we arrived, we found that the beds were small double-sized and not nearly large enough for 3 grown adults (most hotels have upgraded to queen-sized beds).
While this was my fault for not realizing during booking that the beds may not be big enough, the overall conditions of the rest of the room were definitely not my fault!

The coffee pot was filthy and had a used coffee packet still in the filter basket (used but dried out, so it had obviously been there for a while).

The sink faucet and basin were water stained (not cleaned).

The tub had a good deal of hair in it and the faucet handle and spigot were water stained (not cleaned). The outside of the tub was dirty and had spills down the side of it.

The toilet appeared to be clean, but I can’t be sure of this after seeing the other areas.

Something had been spilled on the wall and floor behind the bathroom door, and never cleaned. It looked as though the housekeeping staff had swept and mopped (?) the floor with the door open and didn’t even look behind the door.

There was a hole in the wall above the A/C unit and another hole in the wall below the bathroom light switch.

The A/C never got cold enough to cool the room despite it being on the highest cooling setting and the fan turned to high.

The room smelled of something unrecognizable. The only way to describe it was a very strong cleaning chemical smell. Initially, we thought it might be the cleaning supplies used to disinfect surfaces due to COVID, but there was an underlying cigarette smoke smell and because nothing in the room appeared to be cleaned, we assumed it was nothing more than a very strong air freshener used to mask the smoke smell.

The outer hallway smelled strongly of burning electrical wiring or burning hair...we couldn’t determine which.

When we checked in, I couldn’t get very close to the front desk because the breakfast tables were all pushed up against it. There was no one at the front desk but there was a phone with a sign that said to “Dial 0” if no one was at the desk. The phone rang 4 times before someone in the room right behind the desk yelled out that she would, “be right there.”

Despite the wait, the front desk attendant was very nice and check in went smoothly.

Due to the conditions of the room, and the late hour (no one available to clean the room properly) we decided to leave and stay somewhere else.

I own a cleaning company and if my employees were to leave a home in the condition we found this room, we would be immediately fired by our client.

We were able to reserve a much nicer room at the Ramada.

I’m sure that I will not be allowed a refund for the first night of our Super 8 reservation, but I am hoping to receive a full refund for the remaining days of our reservation.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 1 May 2021

We rented a room with a jacuzzi as the pool was closed. Room was nice, memories were made, and the wife and I enjoyed our short getaway. They could have had a better breakfast selection, but with nearby restaurants available, there were plenty of options.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 17 September 2020

The rooms was nice and seemed clean but had a bad smell. It smelled like a wet dog. the beds was comfortable. the air conditioner didn't work just right ,it would run for a min. and then cut off. Did not cool room off. the Hotel was in a good location as well.

Date of stay: September 2020