“Nature Preserve Gem”

Dogwood Canyon Nature Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Lampe
More attraction details
Owner description: Dogwood Canyon Nature Park is a one-of-a-kind experience for nature lovers and adventure seekers of all ages. Covering 10,000 acres of pristine Ozark Mountain landscape, the park has miles of crystal-clear trout streams, dozens of cascading waterfalls, ancient burial caves, unique hand-built bridges and bottomless, blue-green pools.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

This is Missouri's best kept secret. I can't recommend this place enough for all ages. We got there early at 8:30 and there were very few people. As the day went on more came but it was so beautiful and relaxing. We did the Segway tour. You have to be 12 yo and weigh approx. 100lb. My son weighs 80lb and they let him try it and he could do it. BEST customer service EVER. We did the tram which allows you to see the whole park. Don't go and not do the tram it is worth every penny. My two youngest did trout fishing while the others went and rode bikes. We ate at the restaurant over looking the 150 foot gorgeous water fall. We toured the tree house and we looked at all the museums and natural history the property offers. They do a grinding of corn several times a day. At first thought I was like...boring but I was wrong. So cool to see. We bought two bags of fresh cornmeal! I have avoided Branson for many years and after going to Dogwood Canyon I was beating myself up for not going sooner. DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE you will regret it! Paved trails, bikes, segway, tram, scenery, waterfalls, fish, chapel, history, relaxation, genuine educated and friendly staff, beauty of a nature preserve that I commend Johnny Morris, Owner of Bass Pro Shops on doing such a fantastic job with.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"branson area"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Although i have been to Branson 20 times or more over the last 7 years i did not know Dogwood Canyon existed. This place is now on my must do list when visiting Branson! As my title states it is great family time to get them off the electronics & to see nature & explore. It is also great for couples without children to enjoy spending time with each other as you walk & see the beautiful scenery. Dogwood Canyon is very pretty & worth seeing at least once. The tram is ridiculously expensive in my opinion but it is a 2 hour ride thru the park with a tour guide explaining different parts of the nature park which is great for people that do not get around very well but still expensive to me.
Beautiful, serene place. I will definitely go back.
Make sure you bring a carry bag or backpack with enough water you will need it during the warmer months.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We went to Dogwood on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend with another family. We didn't reserve the tram ride ahead of time and it would have been a 4 hour wait so we decided to rent bikes. I think this was more enjoyable anyway for the 8 and 10 year old boys. We also needed a bike with a cart for our 5 year old as we knew he wouldn't be able to bike very far on training wheels and they don't offer tandem bikes. Unfortunately, this process couldn't have been more disorganized. There is no check in/check out process and it was just a mad house of people grabbing bikes. A worker brought out our bike with the cart and another family took it. When we explained that we had just reserved this type of bike, they got very nasty about it. We had to wait until another family rode in and grab theirs before anyone else could. So silly! And my husband had pulled a bike aside for me and when he turned his back, it was taken as well. I'm shocked that they don't have a better process in place.

We did greatly enjoy the ride and it was easy enough for everyone. The waterfalls were beautiful and there were plenty of places to stop to enjoy the scenery and take a break. We enjoyed biking in to Arkansas to say we had been there. We didn't get to see any wildlife since this is reserved for the people willing to pay the crazy prices for the tram ride.

We also ate lunch in the restaurant out on the patio. It was busy and food took a very long time. Our waitress was great, but the hostess inside did seem a bit frazzled.

1  Thank IrishJayhawk98
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Waterfalls and ponds in a nice paved hike-like adventure. The pricing is strange, you can get in for $10 but to get pass the first section (restaurant, museum and gift shop) you will need to pay an additional $10. We were there a couple of hours to walk the trail, enjoy the views and take photos. It was a nice way to spend your time out doors, I went with friends but it would be great for families. There was not a lot of options to sit on the way - or the way back since it is a reach the end, turn around and walk it all again to get back, so it is something to consider before taking small kids or seniors.