“Just no”

Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Dexter
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated restaurant specializing in Bbq, also featuring a full menu and bar. Open dining room all day, reservations only taken for banquet rooms.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here today with my fiance because we never get to have lunch together. The food is very overpriced and they were out of all steaks except hamburger. Fiance ordered hamburger steak and it was just a pre-packaged patty. I ordered chicken and it was just a frozen breast with a smidge of seasoning. I make better at home, and I can't cook! I tried the table bbq sauce to improve the chicken and it was like water and so gross! It was just a very disappointing visit. We left $40 poorer and still hungry. I've heard great things about this place and the decorations were beautiful, but the food was horrible!!!

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (79)

Reviewed 17 October 2020

food was nasty not enough help took them forever too get the food to everyone they new for at least 2 weeks or more we was coming not going back

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 13 February 2020

My husband took me out for my birthday and he talked me into going there, even though I didn't want to from our last experience there. The atmosphere was okay, we sat in the bar area back room. I ordered a fish sandwich with onion rings and he ordered a fish platter. The fish wasn't even close to Mrs. Paul's but definitely a packaged fake fish, same with his. I ordered lettuce on my sandwich, wasn't put on there, had to request it again, they brought me out a saucer with slimy slaw type lettuce, not for a sandwich for sure. Onion rings were so nasty I couldn't eat them, sent them back. The only thing that was good was our waitress. We tipped her good because she was awesome. We will never go back, beware, their food is absolutely horrible and very very pricey. We would have been better off going to a fast food restaurant. We have given them more then a chance, 3 strikes your out!

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank dontworrybehappy2
Cruiser07310018984, General Manager at Hickory Log Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2020

I’m sorry you didn’t like anything. We never want an experience like yours to happen. That’s not why we are here.

Reviewed 31 January 2020 via mobile

Just a nice hometown local restaurant with good food. Staff seemed disinterested in serving two 40 year old men. However ribs and brisket made up for it.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 22 December 2019

Atmosphere is all this place has. I have tried it 3 different times because everyone kept telling me I must have caught them at a bad time. Well, there will not be a fourth time I assure you. Eat here if you must. Good luck!

Date of visit: December 2019