“Lovely place ”

Cuisines: Indian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently bought an apartment in the village , and we went for the first time to sample the place
And we wasn’t disappointed, the food was excellent,
the portions aren’t big but that suits us
Everything about it was good
From the staff to the food and the atmosphere ,
We are back in a couple of weeks and it’s on our list already

1  Thank 1georg

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We first visited La Malagueña shortly after it opened, and were very impressed by both the food and the service. Sadly something seems to have gone adrift in the intervening period.
Whilst my chicken madras was perfectly acceptable, although extremely salty, my wife's fish tikka was effectively fish nuggets dripping in oil. Well, problems happen, but having sent her meal back, more or less intact, I was less than impressed to be charged for it. I explained to the waitress in polite terms that although I would pay this was not the way to do business, to be told "she was not the boss"!
La Malaguena needs a new chef and some "staff training".

1  Thank Seaside733813
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

On the last night of our holiday my girlfriend and my parents tried here. We got two sharing platters fro starters, delicious! One was sizzling platter grill on a bed of onions one was a variety of veg and chicken pakoras/Bhajjis.

I had a sizzling chicken curry and my girlfriend had a jalfrezi accompanied by a garlic naan. We shared and both dishes were full of flavour and spice. We both grew up in Bradford so know our curries, it's not your usual style curry but delicious none the less.

If your staying in Mijas or Fuengirolla and fancy something different give it a chance you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We visited after reading great reviews on trip advisor and were certainly not disappointed. The only downside is that our favourite Indian restaurant back home doesn't seem so great any more!
We went with our two daughters and sat at the front of the restaurant, in front of the open windows, enjoying the breeze and watching the world go by. Service was friendly and quick. After starting with the usual poppodums and dips, we had chicken sizzler, jalfrezie (chicken and vegetarian) and chicken masala with rice, naan bread and onion bajis. The food is presented lovely and though on first glance, with the rice and curries in their separate pots, it doesn't appear a lot, once on your plate there is plenty and in fact we all left a little (reluctantly)- only because we just could finish it all! Everything was absolutely DELICIOUS and before we left we were already planning our next visit and returned for a second time during our week's stay a few days later.
Who goes to spain and eats Indian - we do and anyone who wants a delicious plate of food in a lovely restaurant.
Lotus-Las Malaguena was our favourite Mijas restaurant - me, my husband and both our daughters were all agreed on that!
Look forward to returning to Mijas and Lotus-La Malaguena again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Not one for curries in Spain, BUT this place looked lovely - so we tried it - was delicious, great little kids meals too, friendly waitresses.......all perfect!